The Cult of Shadow
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A World of Warcraft Forsaken only Roleplaying Guild. Defias Brotherhood EU.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Application - Milton Dour

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Milton

Application - Milton Dour Empty
PostSubject: Application - Milton Dour   Application - Milton Dour Icon_minitimeSat Dec 25, 2010 5:22 am

OOC information
Character name: Milton Dour
Class: Priest

Why do you want to join the Cult?:
I've been a part of the forsaken RP scene on Defias Brotherhood in the past, and having recently returned to the game due to Cataclysm, it'd be nice to get back into it. I've heard good things about the Cult and since my old guild (The Old Lordaeron) isn't around either I thought I'd see how things are on your side of the fence.

How did you come to learn about the Cult:
Oh boy... well I've known about you for years so I can't really say how I originally learned about you, but after I came back to WoW a couple of days ago I've been asking around for undead RP guilds and yours keeps getting mentioned.

Anything else you'd like us to know?
Well, some of you might know me as Nilar of the Old Lordaeron (and Death's Embrace before that, another forsaken RP guild which I was the leader of for a relatively long time) as well as Boom of Sixty Thieves. I've got a lot of roleplaying experience outside of WoW too, and I hope I can contribute to your guild in a meaningful way. My old account was hacked and I lost the characters, so Milton is now my main which means I will probably spend a lot of time playing him.

----------------------------------

IC application:

A tall and lanky man casts a shadow over the long corridor of the Apothecarium storage room. He shuts the door behind him and lights a candle, illuminating the winding shelves that run across the room with a pale glow. He takes slow, careful steps and the room echoes with the sound of his boots as he walks across the stone floor, running his finger against the surface of the storage shelves. Every once in a while he stops and opens a drawer, extracting some strange alchemical component and stuffing it in his pouch. After a while he snuffs out the candle and opens the door once again, entering the Apothecarium proper. The sound of nature-defying machinery and the smell of poisons and chemicals fill his senses as he walks back to his workplace, carefully laying the collected ingredients on the wooden desk next to his instruments.
"What do you have there, Dour?" asks a raspy voice in orcish. The apothecary turns his head slowly to meet the greenskin's eyes, which are peering at the forsaken inquisitively. The dead man sighs.
"Doom weed, ground purple lotus leaves and diseased darkhound blood. Nothing unusual. Why must you always ask, when you don't even have the slightest clue about alchemy?"
"Protocol" answers the orc, grinning at the apothecary with his sharp teeth. The frail man is left muttering to himself as the hulking brute walks back to its post by the entrance.

-------------------------------------

To those whom it may concern

My name is Milton Dour. In life, I was a priest without faith and a man without purpose. Now in death, by the grace of the Dark Lady, I have been given a second chance. I have heard of the Forgotten Shadow and its teachings, and through them I have found a new perspective. While once I bowed down to the light and feared that which I could not understand, I now walk in the shadow and embrace it as a friend, while forcing the light to bend to my will instead.
I serve the Forsaken by utilizing my skills in alchemy and science as an initiate of the Royal Apothecary Society. In days past, it was a noble profession. Under the guidance of master Arctus, I was proud to serve Her Dark Majesty.

But now the eyes of the living are scrutinizing us even in the most hallowed chambers of our Undercity, and the beasts have made a mockery out of the once glorious Society, and by extension, the forsaken people by forcing us to follow rules and regulations made up by ignorant fools. I approach you, the Cult of Shadow, in hopes that you accept me into your ranks so that I may help in ushering a golden era for the forsaken and demise for the living, as well as to help myself find the true path to Ascension through the virtues.

Shadow watch over us all
-Milton Dour

Back to top Go down
Mervyn

PostSubject: Re: Application - Milton Dour   Application - Milton Dour Icon_minitimeSat Dec 25, 2010 12:47 pm

Well as I'm in a Christmastime mood i thought i would pop on and say i vouch for this guy to join our lovely cult from talking to him in game, and an excellent application!
Back to top Go down
Rasonal
Darkcaller
Rasonal

PostSubject: Re: Application - Milton Dour   Application - Milton Dour Icon_minitimeSat Dec 25, 2010 4:51 pm

Mervyn wrote:
Well as I'm in a Christmastime mood i thought i would pop on and say i vouch for this guy to join our lovely cult from talking to him in game, and an excellent application!

Seconded, but only in pass-Chanukah mood. Razz Sike, good application! seconded indeed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Application - Milton Dour   Application - Milton Dour Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Application - Milton Dour
Page 1 of 1