The Cult of Shadow
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A World of Warcraft Forsaken only Roleplaying Guild. Defias Brotherhood EU.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Gloomspinner's Application.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Eikara

Gloomspinner's Application. Empty
PostSubject: Gloomspinner's Application.   Gloomspinner's Application. Icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 1:38 am

Character name: Gloomspinner (formerly Eikara 'Kara' Brightstone)
Class: Death Knight

Why do you want to join the Cult?: I love roleplaying. I never had the confidence to raid, and leveling purely for the sake of leveling seems a bit... wasted, with the Cataclysm near. So i'm turning back to my old love.
How did you come to learn about the Cult?: My good friend Lethan! I mentioned to him in passing that I like RP, and it all went from there.
Anything else you'd like us to know?: I'm not entirely new to RP, having done it before, but i'm very rusty now; it's been about a year since I last did any.
Also, i've never done an application before, and i'm extremely nervous, so i'm sorry if I make mistakes in the writing!
And sorry it's so long, I tend to get fully involved in things once i've started.

IC application:

Sirs and madams,

I was the daughter of a farmer. Nothing more, just a humble young woman. I remember our farm, how sweet I thought it looked in spring. I grew up with that, with my family beside me. Then the plague came.

My pa was from Boralus originally. When he heard of Admiral Proudmoore's exodus to the new lands west across the sea, he felt honour-bound to join him, and do his duty to his homeland. I never heard from him again. My ma died of grief within a week. My brother moved out to Andorhal the next day.

I was alone. Well, I thought I wasn't, I thought I had the Light to protect me. What a foolish girl I was.
When the plague came, I could have fleed south to Stormwind, or perhaps Kul Tiras. I may not have escaped it's grasp, but it would have been worth a try. But no, instead, I sat on my bed singing hymns. As people started to become infected, I stayed free due to continuing to use my own stored grain, yet I thought this was the Light protecting me.

However, I had no clue how to grow any. I was taught to knit and cook, not farm. I ran out of supplies. Not knowing what it would cause, I ventured to Brill and purchased what i'd need for a week.
I became sick. I died, still praying to the Light to save me.
A long while later, I awoke in Deathknell. I know not of what happened. I came to realise my new life, and revel in it. My previous reliance on the light seemed so ridiculous.

Then I was taken again, just outside Andorhal. Poor old Brother Lethan thought I was gone forever.

What happened between then and now is unimportant. My identity, is unimportant. You may call me Gloomspinner, though one or two of your members may know me as Kara Brightstone. Kara, is also unimportant. She is no longer relevant to anything; she is my past. I look to the future, the future I now wish to devote to our Dark Lady.

You may not know me, but I know of you. The whispers and hushed voices, the talk of shadows; it is folly, as we are all born of the shadow, and should hence talk of it freely. That is what I wish to do: to learn and grow under the shadow's guidance. There is so much I have forgotten, so much is gone from me. I wish to forge a new path in my undeath.

Know this my friends, I seek my place in the world, like all people do. As I am only recently rebirthed, I seek guidance and purpose in my new existence. If you will set me on the path, brothers and sisters, I shall walk it wherever it goes. My blades will benefit all Forsaken, for the greater purpose, and for our queen.

I pledge myself to your cult, if you will accept me.

May the Dark Lady watch over you all.

Gloomspinner.

Back to top Go down
Lethan

Lethan

PostSubject: Re: Gloomspinner's Application.   Gloomspinner's Application. Icon_minitimeWed Oct 27, 2010 4:13 am

Hello Gloomspinner!

I'm sorry you haven't recieved any answer to your application yet. I haven't seen you online the last week, so I haven't had any chance to catch up with you in-game. As I am not an officer, I cannot say "VoilĂ , passed!", but I like your application much, and I hope to see you as a cultist soon.

I have been very inactive in WoW and The Cult lately, due to my 'real life' (is there any real life?), and I hope to get back soon. I doubt I will be much active before christmas, though.
Back to top Go down
Rasonal
Darkcaller
Rasonal

PostSubject: Re: Gloomspinner's Application.   Gloomspinner's Application. Icon_minitimeWed Oct 27, 2010 8:23 am

Hey there, I didn't notice your application before, deeply sorry. It is an obvious pass by me, and unless any officer objects, feel free to contact us in game once you log, unless we contact you before Smile

Sorry for the long wait time! And thanks Lethan for your reply!
Back to top Go down
Thenkar

Thenkar

PostSubject: Re: Gloomspinner's Application.   Gloomspinner's Application. Icon_minitimeWed Oct 27, 2010 1:25 pm

O.o
I have no idea what kind of veil has been on us, because I haven't had a clue about this either. Apologies for not noticing, this application is a clear pass!
I'm getting more time today and there should be other officers online now and then, so either poke us or wait us to poke you.
I'm looking forward to RPing with you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gloomspinner's Application.   Gloomspinner's Application. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gloomspinner's Application.
Page 1 of 1