The Cult of Shadow
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A World of Warcraft Forsaken only Roleplaying Guild. Defias Brotherhood EU.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Here Lies Svogthos Soulscar! Application

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Orbal Norden

Orbal Norden

Here Lies Svogthos Soulscar! Application Empty
PostSubject: Here Lies Svogthos Soulscar! Application   Here Lies Svogthos Soulscar! Application Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2013 12:07 pm

OOC information
Character name: Svogthos Soulscar.
Class: Warlock

Why do you want to join the Cult?: I heard there was some badass guy named Orbal Norden hanging around there, wanted to meet him. Cause he’s cool and stuff.
How did you come to learn about the Cult: That cool Orbal guy.
Anything else you'd like us to know? Yeah, Orbal is awesome and devilishly handsome.

IC application:
Svogthos slowly opens his eyes, seeing nothing but pitch blackness, the smell of rotten wood and damp earth fills his lungs. Where was he? Why was he here, and why does there seem to be. . .less of him?
Suddenly the memories hit him: Lord Malzaghor, the demon Svogthos worshipped and received all his power from, standing over Svogthos’ broken demon form, laughing his hideous booming laugh, telling him that his grasp for power was too soon, too weak and how Svogthos will pay dearly for his failure. Then the sudden burning agony of having all his power stripped like layers of skin and flesh, flayed away as a victim would be tortured on the torture rack. . .then blackness.
Now this? Svogthos thought to himself, what did Malzaghor achieve by putting him here? And what is “here”?
Only then did he realize he was lying down, he lifts his arms, trying to determine where he is. His arms only lifted a small way before it hit solid wood with a dull thump.
So this was Mazaghor’s punishment for him? He stuck him in a wooden box? Svogthos starts to laugh to himself in the dark, a slow, dry, heaving sound. How easy it will be to blast this box into cinders. . .Svongthos reaches inwards for the source of his power, his corrupted and diseased soul. . .there was nothing. . .a void where once had been a pulsating soul filled with corrupt fel energy.
Svogthos’ begins to panic, what did that overgrown toad turd do to him?! He starts hitting the box with his fists, tries forcing it open with his legs, not even a creak could be heard from the heavy wood. He went limp inside the box, staring into the blackness he tried summoning power once again. . .there was nothing.
Suddenly something slammed into the box, something big and heavy, again and again until he hears the wood splinter and break apart. A hole suddenly appears in front of his face, weak sunlight filters through the ripped box. Svogthos eyes are just beginning to adjust to the sudden light when a clawed hand existing entirely of nether rips the lid to the box open. There, standing over the box Svogthos now realized was a coffin, stood a voidwalker.
“Finally. . .found. . .you . . .you. . .slimy. . .bastard. . .” The voidwalker’s voice fills Svogthos’ head like a rasped whisper.
Svogthos sits upright and looks down at his body, “What in Deathwing’s balls is this?!” He exclaimed angrily, “This rotten carcass isn’t my body! Where is my demon body?!” He looks at the voidwalker angrily, “You! You aren’t my voidwalker, where is Tak? I demand you tell me or so help me I’m goin-“
“Going. . .to. . .what? You’re. . .a. . .mere. . .shadow. . .of. . .your. . .former. . .self” The rasping voice fills Svogthos’ mind, “You. . .can’t. . .even. . .incinerate. . .a. . .flower” The rasping voice turned into a grating laugh before continuing, “Tak. . .is. . .how. . .should. . .I. . .say. . .dead? No. . .banished” More of the maddening laughter.
Svogthos stared down at his hands, Tak banished? How could he have let that happen? No doubt Malzaghor did it because Tak was Svogthos’ main demon companion, his right hand demon.
With a startle Svogthos notices pieces of bone and flesh peeking through his hands, looking down at his legs they too were rotten and showing advanced stages of decay. On his right hand was a ring with an emblem of a spider in web on it, along with the letters “SS”.
“No! In Sageras’ name NO!!!” Svogthos screams in a hoarse voice, “It’s my old body! The one I dumped when Malzaghor gave me my demon form! This old relic!”
“Lord. . .Malzaghor. . .saw. . .it. . .fit . . .to. . .put you. . .into. . .this. . .body. . .for. . .your. . .transgressions” the rasping voice was filled with laughter, “Now. . .you. . .have. . .to. . .claw. . .your. . .way. . .back. . .to. . .the. . .top. . .” the laughter was almost maddening now.
“Laugh it up chuckles,” Svogthos glares at the voidwalker, “But the mighty Lord Malzaghor Fuckapig, did something wrong, my soul is gone, or misplaced, maybe even. . .sold?”
The voidwalker turned a darker shade of purple and started emitting something akin to a growl, “You. . .will. . .not. . .insult. . .my. . .Lord. . .while. . .in. . .my. . .presence. . .wormfodder! Your. . .soul. . .is. . .sealed. . .within. . .me. . .all. . .the. . .spells. . .you. . .once. . .wielded. . .are. . .mine. . .to. . .give. . .back. . .to. . .you. . .or. . .TAKE!” The laughter ensued with maddening intensity.
“Well at least give me something to begin with!” Svogthos hisses, “All this piece of shit carcass has in it is one good corpse explosion!”
“Very. . .well. . .here. . .is. . .a. . .sliver. . .of. . .your. . .soul. . .and. . .the. . .Shadowbolt. . .spell” The voidwalker extends his hand over Svogthos’ head and a small shadow can be seen flying into him, “As. . .I. . .deem. . .you. . .worthy. . .you. . .will. . .receive. . .pieces. . .of. . .you. . .soul. . .and. . .spells. . .back. . .until. . .you. . .you. . .have. . .proven. . .your. . .worth. . .to. . .Lord. . .Malzaghor.” The voidwalker stares down at Svogthos.
“Well whoopty fucking doo!” Svogthos got up abruptly, “Don’t do me any favors Skippy, once I’m back at the top, I won’t be giving you any. . .” He concentrates and he sees the Shadowbolt start to form in his hand.
I need to find help, Svogthos thinks to himself, need to reach the top again as fast as possible. He looks at the voidwalker. Also I need to get rid of Malzaghar’s guard dog as soon as possible.
Svogthos’ face breaks into a huge grin. Challenge accepted. And I know just who can help me. . .

A few key points here. Yes Malzaghor is a demon Lord who likes to be constantly attacked by his lieutenants, keeps him limber and alert, keeps his rabble under control, and separates the strong from the weak. He likes Svogthos, that’s why he is giving him a second chance. Svogthos is trying to wrest control of a demon real from Malzaghor, hence the hatespeech. Since we all know that’s what you do when you’re given a demon form, try to take over from your boss.
Yes Svogthos is a sarcastic pottymouth *takes leaf from Drazhk’s book*.
I couldn’t give “the voidwalker” a name, since Svogthos isn’t lvl 10 yet so I haven’t seen what his walker’s name will be.

Please let me know where I can improve.

Lastly, Yes, Orbal is cool.
Back to top Go down
Deayna

Deayna

PostSubject: Re: Here Lies Svogthos Soulscar! Application   Here Lies Svogthos Soulscar! Application Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2013 2:51 pm

It looks fine to me. One warning though, some who 'play' with demons or the idea of becoming one go too far in it IC and take it to have too much power. We've seen demons roleplayed before, as in Elves secretly being demons only in elf form, and I know your char isn't really that, but they tended to overpower themselves. So try to keep in check a little, but I don't doubt you'll be doing that Very Happy
Also, harsh words is fine, but IC swearing, keep it low. We still have a lot of younger people playing too, and I wouldn't want our members being reported and banned for their language they have ingame. Smile (Seeing one of the Trolls already got a day long ban the other day for saying rape in a public place.. )
Further, looks good, as I said already!
Back to top Go down
Orbal Norden

Orbal Norden

PostSubject: Re: Here Lies Svogthos Soulscar! Application   Here Lies Svogthos Soulscar! Application Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2013 3:08 pm

Oh no not at all. Svogthos is never going to become a demon again. Lord Malzaghor is playing him for a sap. Make him dance like a puppet and give him his power back untill the point where he was before he was given demon form. So he's always just going to be a regular warlock. I never thought of him as a demon, that was just some history.
Back to top Go down
Deayna

Deayna

PostSubject: Re: Here Lies Svogthos Soulscar! Application   Here Lies Svogthos Soulscar! Application Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2013 3:20 pm

Alright, just good to have that clear yes, already thought something like that was the idea. Smile Some might get some trouble with you ICly once they find out (if they ever find out) what he used to be, since we've had a lot of trouble with demons/demon guards before xD But we'll see how it goes, might give some very interesting RP!
Back to top Go down
Orbal Norden

Orbal Norden

PostSubject: Re: Here Lies Svogthos Soulscar! Application   Here Lies Svogthos Soulscar! Application Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2013 3:23 pm

I was also planning to make a little twist like, the more he retains his power the less he can remember of the demon world. And when he has all his power back he can't remember anything. A little curse and trick from the demon Lord.
Back to top Go down
Drazhk

Drazhk

PostSubject: Re: Here Lies Svogthos Soulscar! Application   Here Lies Svogthos Soulscar! Application Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2013 6:26 pm

well, the perfunctory second stamp of approval has been given *slams a big stamp to your forehead*
Back to top Go down
Orbal Norden

Orbal Norden

PostSubject: Re: Here Lies Svogthos Soulscar! Application   Here Lies Svogthos Soulscar! Application Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2013 6:29 pm

OH BY THE SHADOW!!! That stings! I can't see my eyes!
But thanks Drazhk and Deayna!
Back to top Go down
Dunderholm of Ambermill
Darkcaller
Dunderholm of Ambermill

PostSubject: Re: Here Lies Svogthos Soulscar! Application   Here Lies Svogthos Soulscar! Application Icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2013 12:47 am

Let's hope you can keep what you are a secret IC :-) Hate to start a witch hunt already ;-)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Here Lies Svogthos Soulscar! Application   Here Lies Svogthos Soulscar! Application Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Here Lies Svogthos Soulscar! Application
Page 1 of 1