The Cult of Shadow
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A World of Warcraft Forsaken only Roleplaying Guild. Defias Brotherhood EU.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Necronius - Shadow Priest Application

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Necro

Necronius - Shadow Priest Application Empty
PostSubject: Necronius - Shadow Priest Application   Necronius - Shadow Priest Application Icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2011 6:50 pm

OOC information

Character name: Necronius
Class: Priest (Shadow)

Why do you want to join the Cult?: I currently have a number of high-level characters on another Server (Sporeggar EU) and am looking to migrate to DB and rekindle my interests in Undead RP.
How did you come to learn about the Cult: A long-time friend of mine who plays on this Server in the <Kalimdor Corsairs> guild pointed me in your direction as an excellent and long-standing RP guild.
Anything else you'd like us to know?

I am formerly the guild leader of House Serpentcrest, a well known and respected Forsaken-only RP guild on Sporeggar EU. Defunct now for sometime but quite famous in it's day (even made the front page of the Blizzard website with one of our events). I have been playing Alliance for about the last 2 years and now feel that i want to come back into Forsaken RP. The backsotry of the Cult and the exploration of the Forgotten Shadow is a very exciting RP background and I would love to be involved in it.

My IC submission below constitutes only the first part of my character's background, I would prefer to be able to reveal the rest during the course of direct interactions with the guild over-time. I had hoped to be able to come to one of you regular sermons as a sort of "walk-up" recruit and take the story from their as I find it's always more to approach a new RP guild IC'ly as well as by application.

IC application:

Report 23243XX1

Filed by: Cpt. Thulian Warwick 454343 SI:7 Stormwind Central Division.

Eyes Only: King Varian Wrynn and nominated advisors security level AA11.

My Lord-King,
What follows here is my report to-date on the investigation into Aleck Greythorne, formerly of the Noble House of Barov as requested.:

Background:
Born Aleck Tenarius Greythorne, son of General Tarsus Greythorne, military commander of the forces of the House of Barov, his mother's identity is unknown at this point, but rumoured to have been a low-level functionary in the Barov staff. Aleck was raised within the House of Barov and by all accounts was noted while still young to have a strong interest in and talent for both metallurgy and engineering. In addition, the boy seems to have been introduced at a very early age to the worship of the light. Although his father, a grim and cynical man seems unlikely to have been the source of this teaching. The best guess is that likely the boy's mother or one of the many lower-rooms staff that helped to raise the boy was responsible although we have no direct testimony on this.

Greythorne's skill in engineering led to the boy being apprenticed from the age of eleven to Franklin Lloyd the well-known Engineer of the House of Barov, now member of the Forsaken. (Further information on Lloyd can be obtained in Report 21343GG6 on the House Barov's pre-plague-era activities).

At the age of seventeen it seems that the young Aleck, though already a gifted and promising engineer, expressed to his father a desire to enter the priesthood. This proposal was not met with enthusiasm by his father, already disappointed that the boy showed little appetite for learning the craft of war, but after some encouragement from Lady Illucia Barov it seems the father relented and Aleck was sent to Stormwind where he took his oath and remained there until a few months before the coming of the Scourge to Lordaeron.

Thankfully the Cathedral's records are as accurate as always and so we know that while in Stormwind, Greythorne kept up his research in Engineering alongside his spiritual duties. We have direct account from Lilliam Sparkspindle that the boy showed particular interest and no little skill in the creation of automatons and similar facsimiles of living creatures and was an extremely skilled clockmaker. Indeed the Greythorne Chronometer used by many of our fleet's Captains are from designs the young man created during this period. Furthermore Sparkspindle revealed that the boy's interest in the animation of inert mechanisms had taken an obsessive, almost sinister manner toward the end of his tenure in the City. Apparently the boy had become interested in the idea of employing the magical techniques used by Necromancers as a method of animating complex mechanisms and showed unusual anger when forbidden from such study by his Proctor in the Cathedral. It was this growing interest in such morbid and blasphemous matters that gave Sparkspindle some cause for relief when Greythorne announced his intent to return to Caer Darrow as official Spiritual advisor to Lady Barov.

Unfortunately, although it has been confirmed anecdotally that he did indeed return to Caer Darrow, from the moment young Greythorne left Stormwind we have almost no information as to his whereabouts or activities. As you know well my Lord-King this was during the period that the Barovs were entering into their deal with Kel-Thuzad to establish the Scholomance and so information about the precise goings-on at Caer Darrow during this period are sketchy at best.

It can, I believe, be safely assumed though that young Greythorne was indeed within Caer Darrow when the Cult of the Damned assumed power and may even have been on of the earliest students of the Scholomance. Though Brother Joshua, Greythorne's Proctor at the Cathedral, asserts that such was the boy's devotion to the study and practice of the Light that it is highly unlikely that he would have collaborated willingly with the cult. It may well be that, like so many of the Barov bondsmen, he was simply killed and resurrected as part of the Cult's infernal activities.

Current Whereabouts:
It is at this point that the trail goes almost completely cold. The information from Greymane's Worgen Scouts in Brill of the young forsaken priest that seems to demostrate a marked interest in Engineering is of definite interest but unfortunately cannot be confirmed or denied. Again, my opinion is that it is unlikely that this Forsaken and Aleck Greythorne are one and the same. However, as ordered I have sent word to one of our sleepers in the Undercity and instructed them to observe Franklin Lloyd closely, it stands to reason that if this IS Greythorne, he will attempt to make contact with his former mentor at some stage. I will hopefully have a further report for you within a few weeks.

As always my King I am at your command.

For the Alliance!

Cpt. Thulian Warwick 454343 SI:7 Stormwind Central Division.
Back to top Go down
Thenkar

Thenkar

PostSubject: Re: Necronius - Shadow Priest Application   Necronius - Shadow Priest Application Icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2011 2:30 am

I had fun reading this. It's always nice to have people from other realms, each brings a little piece of their culture with them. I hope you'll fit in nicely and welcome the fresh insight you might bring into our business. Smile

This week we have no regular sermon scheluded, but I think we can circumvent around it. Wednesday we got a biweekly Confession event at about 20.30 and on thursday we have a prayer around 19.30, before we move to have an event with the Gurubashi trolls. I think both are suitable for what you were thinking. Then again, if you want to listen to a proper sermon first, they should resume again next week on thursdays.

If it wasn't obvious from the above, I pass. After someone else has seconded me, pop by in one of our events or poke one of our officership for the interview.
Back to top Go down
Necro

PostSubject: Re: Necronius - Shadow Priest Application   Necronius - Shadow Priest Application Icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2011 10:50 am

Many thanks Thenkar,

One of the events you describe sounds great. In fact I will be online for a while tonight so hopefully if I get a seconder before then I can come along to the confessional?

Where is it held incidentally?

Thanks again,

Necro
Back to top Go down
Thenkar

Thenkar

PostSubject: Re: Necronius - Shadow Priest Application   Necronius - Shadow Priest Application Icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2011 1:27 pm

Sure, there'll no doubt be time for a meeting before the confessions begin.

I'm almost sure it was at the Brill Graveyard, but not 100%, so check there and if you see no one, poke a cultist - they're bound to know!
Back to top Go down
Dailor
Shadow Pope
Dailor

PostSubject: Re: Necronius - Shadow Priest Application   Necronius - Shadow Priest Application Icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2011 2:05 pm

Yah. The confession is (almost) always held at the cemetery in Brill.

Oh, second this by the way. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Necronius - Shadow Priest Application   Necronius - Shadow Priest Application Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Necronius - Shadow Priest Application
Page 1 of 1