The Cult of Shadow
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A World of Warcraft Forsaken only Roleplaying Guild. Defias Brotherhood EU.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Dawnwhisper (Application)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Quelarna

Dawnwhisper (Application) Empty
PostSubject: Dawnwhisper (Application)   Dawnwhisper (Application) Icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 3:24 pm

Character name: Quelarna Dawnwhisper
Class: Death Knight

Why do you want to join the Cult?: I've been RPing Alliance recently and it's just too clean cut, I have been scouting for guilds within the horde to indulge my less light hearted side. I came across yours and have noticed it recommended in various forums.

How did you come to learn about the Cult: In game, Google then straight to your Forum.

Anything else you'd like us to know? Only question I was going to ask but there was nobody available in game was whether it is solely Forsaken, however I think the result of this application should answer my question.

IC application:

The sun shimmered across the walls of once proud Silvermoon, her golden splendor now offered no such feelings of pride and glory within the heart of the knight which stood before her gates. A wanderer from the Ghostlands with skin a sickly pale bearing the eyes of a former slave from which blue mist spooled from sockets darkened with decay.

Though little else could be seen of the strangers face behind their mask which boasted the colours of the glorious city now before them, this was all the two guards needed to mark the new arrivals presence as dubious. Perhaps in some feeble attempt to disguise their origins they had taken the time to acquire the attire of one of their own, pristine leather embroidered with red and gold, and that warblade they carried, there was no mistaking it had been crafted in their fare city, now bathed in elemental fire. As they allowed the masked figure to enter she lowered her head to them respectfully before passing through the gates, a lavish cape of crimson flowing behind her.

As she stepped into the square of beloved Silvermoon's bazaar a churning stirred within the pit of Quelarna's stomach, the sight before her invoked a sensation of repulsion so great she could barely contain it, idle Sin'dorei drunk on spirits and intoxicated by lust displayed themselves in a vulgar manner, cursing with complete disregard for their own self-respect or the walls which they now resided in. She could feel the rush of searing rage coursing through her pitch veins, how could Silvermoon have fallen in such a way that now her own children abused her, taking for granted that she even still stood to protect them. The bitter taste remained on her putrid tongue as Quelarna made her way deeper into the city.

There could not be a master of credibility in this spoiled ruin of the disgraceful and the shameless, but she needed purpose; that thought alone had been with her since Arthas had fallen, without purpose her existance was meaningless she would not allow herself to become such a pathetic creature, and she would cast herself into the nether before she served the feral tribes of Kalimdor. No, if there was no chance of servitude amongst the living then there was only one other option.

Just as quickly as she had entered city that she had assumed would grant her the purpose she craved Quelarna galloped through those golden gates once more, atop a haunting steed bound for the cursed lands of Lordaeron.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

While I realise this does not explain why Quelarna wants to join the cult I was hoping that I might be able to begin an introduction RP with someone from the guild. (providing you would be willing to allow me to apply, again I was not sure you would be open to my character as she is not a true Forsaken)

During this time Quelarna might learn of the cult's dealings first hand, not a member to begin with of course but provided with an opportunity to observe. She is seeking out an entity to which she can bind herself to has a servant, this could be the cult as a whole or a specific member, maybe even the one who introduces her to their ways.

I know this is a strange request and I'm completely aware that this may have been a wasted application with Quel not being forsaken, but I accept that and will hold no grudges upon hearing your decision.

Thanks.

Back to top Go down
Dailor
Shadow Pope
Dailor

PostSubject: Re: Dawnwhisper (Application)   Dawnwhisper (Application) Icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 7:14 pm

Well... This has been up to debate several times. And the rule still apply, only Forsaken in the Cult. And since the character is not a Forsaken, IC the cult will not approach her. But thanks for applying though, was a great read. Who knows, we might bump into eachother for some RP though. Hint, join us at the tavern that starts up today (thursday the 21:th of april) in Hillsbrad, the old dwarf stronghold at 9:00pm server time. Smile
Back to top Go down
Thenkar

Thenkar

PostSubject: Re: Dawnwhisper (Application)   Dawnwhisper (Application) Icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 7:40 pm

Exellent application.
However, Dailor is correct. We only take Forsaken (Undead race to be specific) into the Cult. Main reason is usually the fact our events are mostly spoken in Forsaken. If we let other races in, they would all need to get Tongues and all of our members would have to use it. And we don't want to force anyone to use a mod.
Another reason is that the Cult is the largest and oldest (and at times, the only) undead only guild on Defias. Letting other people in could bring us many good RPers, like you. But it would also take away a bit of what we are.
Because of this, I'm sorry I have to reject your application.

However, as Dailor said, we're beginning to support an independent tavern project, which is open for all races. We also have undead only Sermons every thursdays at 20.00. These are ICly undead only, meaning that deathknights can attend too. Needless to say you're welcome to visit both occasions. Smile

If you don't mind the model, we have some who've picked undead race, but RP an undead sin'dorei/quel'dorei. If you're still interested in joining, you might give that a try.
One loophole into the Cult is also to roll and apply a Forsaken alt, which gains you an access to our OOC channel (which is open for alts too). And you can see our calendar to search for events you might visit.

But I really recommend visiting the tavern event tonight. We're planning a project to unite and rouse the Forsaken RP community, which will be open for all undead guilds and guildless.

I don't know, how strict the new apothecary guild is, but you might want to try asking, if they accept non-forsaken. There is also Sunfury Elite, a blood elf guild with powerhungry elves - much like powerhungry undead - a guild we cooperate with from time to time.
If you're looking for Horde RP, you might want to seek those out too.

So, I wish you luck in your endeavour, I hope my post shed some light into the reasons and gave you advice.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dawnwhisper (Application)   Dawnwhisper (Application) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dawnwhisper (Application)
Page 1 of 1