The Cult of Shadow
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A World of Warcraft Forsaken only Roleplaying Guild. Defias Brotherhood EU.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Application - Shadowmage

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Farkhas.

Application - Shadowmage Empty
PostSubject: Application - Shadowmage   Application - Shadowmage Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 6:13 pm

Hello

OOC information

Character name: Farkhas
Class: Warlock

Why do you want to join? Forsaken RP is something I have always wanted to try out, but I never found the opportunity to do so seriously. I have been RPing as a Forsaken before to a smaller extent, but it was never actually 'Forsaken RP' so to speak.
How did you first hear about The Cult of Shadow? I read about you guys on the offical forum-page, and intrigued by some serious Forsaken RP I decided to give an application a try. Very Happy

Anything else? I have been RPing on and off on wow since around the launch of TBC with various characters and races, although I have been on a bit of a break now, so I expect to be a bit rusty. Hopefully, I will be up to speed soon enough.

IC:

A screeching howl echoed through the air as another group of Val'kyr passed overhead. The strange, angelic figures charged through the dusky forest, dodging branches and arrows alike, all the while emitting their horrific shriek and unleashing their strange magics into the enemy ranks below. It was a glorious sight. Farkhas quite enjoyed watching the Gilneans scurrying through the mists like the fearful, supersticious peasants that they were. And from the hilltop, he had quite the view of the scene.

"Shadereaver! Wake up! Someone kick that wizard up, we don't have all day!" The captain in charge of the catapult battery shifted nervously, bellowing out orders and casting worried glances towards the sharpshooters among the trees. The riflemen had to fall back between every shot as their beastlike foes closed in, the support of the Val'kyr doing little but slowing them down.

"What are the worgen doing in Gilneas anyhow, captain? I thought that's why they shut their damn gate in the first place!?" one of the nearby sergeants roared out, reloading his crossbow with all the speed he could muster. Snarls and howls could be heard from the dense mists ahead, along with the sounds of battle.

"I wish I could tell you, sergeant Lukas, but there wouldn't be any here if only our damn wizard could hurry it up with the blight!"

"Patience, captain, Patience!" Farkhas snarled out, trying to keep his concentration as he slaved over the cauldron. Thanks to the new warchief, the much more potent blight was forbidden from use, which meant that they had to make do with dilluted versions, which had proved to be useless against worgen in earlier experiments. There were no rules against using magic to enhance the concoction through magic just prior to use, however, an opportunity that was not about to be wasted. If the worgen hadn't appeared like ghosts from the woods, they would've been prepared in time.

The galopping of hooves was heard through the frantic noise all about as another of the captain's sergeants came crashing into the makeshift encampment. Gelber, if Farkhas remembered correctly. Not that he was going to waste mental capacity on that in a time like this.

"Sergeant! Report!" The captain roared as a few muskets nearby fired into the ever closing worgen in the mist.

"They didn't believe me at first, Captain, I'm sorry! But once they understood, they offered to send a contingement of Dreadguard. From the 8th Batallion, sir, used to fighting worgen. They'll be here in an hour, an-"

"An hour?! We barely have a minute!"

"Forgiveness, sir. It's all I could do. Should I sound the retreat?"

"Against worgen? We'd be slaughtered before we came down from this hill! If this is how it's going to be, then this is-"

The cauldron bubbled violently and gave birth to a volatile cloud of gas shooting up into the air. Farkhas grinned, and his grin was mirrored in the face of the captain.

"I'd say this is about as done as it's going to get, captain!" The wizard took a step back, allowing the catapult crews access to the cauldron to fill their canisters with the enhanced blight.

"Thank the shadow! Sergeant Lukas! Help plot trajectories"

"Aye aye!"

"Gelber! Sound the horn to warn the troops up front.!"

Without pause, the mounted sergeant put a small horn to his mouth, letting forth three quick, loud bursts throughout the woods. The signal meant one crucial thing to the melee-fighters: gasmasks on.

Farkhas took a moment to breathe, having stepped back and observing the scene before him. Another swoop and shriek soared through the air, the Val'kyr regrouping for another charge. Through the trees, the snarling figures of Worgen could be seen, moving ever forward. Some were cut down by bullets and blades, but far from all went down, becoming clearer and clearer in the white mist. Then suddenly came the mighty roar of catapults.

The white mist was replaced with a thick green cloud almost instantly. The snarls and howls were replaced by coughing and shouting, and the sounds of battle became one-sided, the forsaken troopers taking the momentum to cut down the beasts while distracted. A mighty cheer rose up among the troops, drowning out the hacking coughs of the dying gilneans, and the shadowmage smirked, for it was glorious.
Back to top Go down
Mervyn

PostSubject: Re: Application - Shadowmage   Application - Shadowmage Icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 12:35 am

Well a yes from me, any other officer to second?
Back to top Go down
Dailor
Shadow Pope
Dailor

PostSubject: Re: Application - Shadowmage   Application - Shadowmage Icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 9:00 am

Well, talked to the guy through whispers and let him know to go here for an application... So yes, I second this one.
Back to top Go down
Mervyn

PostSubject: Re: Application - Shadowmage   Application - Shadowmage Icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 11:55 am

Get in touch with an officer, Myself, Darjee, Dailor, Rasonal, Thenkar for an interview
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Application - Shadowmage   Application - Shadowmage Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Application - Shadowmage
Page 1 of 1