The Cult of Shadow
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A World of Warcraft Forsaken only Roleplaying Guild. Defias Brotherhood EU.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Application

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Elifas

Application Empty
PostSubject: Application   Application Icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2009 1:03 pm

OOC

Character: Elifas (should had been Eliphas but I misspelled the name of Mr. Levi)
Class: Warlock (19)
Why do you want to join the Cult?: I never tried RP (except from once that I experienced it while on my Orc DK with some Allies, communicating only with emotes). I just wanna experience the game in another way and I found RP being intriguing. Also I’ve heard good stuff about you guys and was actually prompted to contact you
How did you come to learn about the Cult: From the Realm forums. I started a “new to the server” thread and asked also about any RP advice since I have no idea how to do it and a couple of posters prompted me to look you guys up.

Firsto of, hiya people. Sorry if it’s a bit long, it’s just that I wanted to show how the character thinks about his situation and abilities and a few of his character traits (also I was quite bored at work since I didn’t have anything important to do). I know it’s not the best story you’ll read and probably has some grammar mistakes (Greek is my mother tongue) but at least I hope you guys like it. Myself I’m a 28 year old dude from Cyprus, I’ve been playing the game for some time now but I’m on-off kinda. Sometimes I might stop playing for months and then start playing again. Hopefully with RP, I won’t get bored of the pointless questing all the time and will stick on longer (but if it doesn’t pull me in, I might get bored more easily. Just wanna be straight with you guys cos as I said again, I never tried it, I’m just curious but I do believe I will like it. Just explaining myself to save any misunderstandings). Even if I’ve been playing for long, I consider myself a noob, cos I’ve mostly been playing alone so I might not know some stuff or whatever, but those you learn easily. Also, just a note for the character, throughout his life, studies and from the constant battle he has to endure in order not to lose control of his demons, he’s gone a bit insane and somehow managed to break the 4th wall, thus now knowing that he is in a videogame (like Deadpool from Marvel comics if anyone else here is a comic book geek like me). I didn’t do this so that I could make him special in some way, on the contrary, he’ll definitely be seen as insane from the rest of the characters when he starts talking gibberish. I just did it cos I thought it can be amusing (though I’m still thinking as to how to incorporate it IC while gaming and if it doesn't work I'll drop it). So, here it goes...

ICC:

“I am talking to you cur,” said the voice again, this time seeming quite annoyed.
Elifas frowned. This young Paladin was trying to irritate him for a while now and all his efforts in making the Elf to leave him be only encouraged him to continue his harassment. He turned around and saw the Elf Paladin standing graciously amongst his companions, glowing in self-adornment.
“What is it you want Elf?” said Elifas, trying to remain calm.
“How dare you walk these lands and show your despicable face here? You are but a freak of the Laws of Order, your kind should be banished forever,” said the Elf in a zealous tone.
Elifas has met plenty of his kind even back from the time he was a living priest, before the gift of undeath was granted unto him. They didn’t annoy him as such back then, but lately every encounter he had with one of them didn’t end up nicely. The Elf that stood next to him must’ve been a new recruit, just starting on his path as a fighter of the Light. It was evident from the tone of his voice, his self-righteous and pompous ways.
“I am but a passerby and will be shortly out of your way” said Elifas, hoping that his words would calm the young Paladin and convince him to let him be.
He didn’t want another encounter with a follower of the Light; he had many of them already throughout both his lives. The greatest of them all was when he was caught studying the Dark Arts while still being a priest. Not out of curiosity or out of desire for their powers, but because he wanted to know his enemy, his weaknesses and how to use them in the war against him. He was excommunicated because of that and life forced him to become a mere farmer. And then blessed him with the joys of a family long before the Scourge claimed him.
“I do not understand your kind corpse. I never will. Maybe others tolerate you but to me, you are nothing but a corpse, disintegrating slowly into oblivion. Tell me carcass, does it give you pleasure to know that the creatures you kill are melting away at the same time as you, when you hex them or have your demon pet eat them alive?” said the Elf again.
“Whatever gets the job done,” said Elifas and turned to face the vendor from which he was trying to buy some tailoring supplies to stitch up his traveling robes.
The Elf scoffed in disgust. Elifas, for all his patience, cannot stand being ridiculed. He got used to being judged, an undead warlock, a warlock in general, is always scorned. But being ridiculed is another thing altogether. He walked up to the Elf, limping as he does, and got in his face, his fiery eyes filled with rage.
“Why are you so self-righteous Elf, explain that to me,” said Elifas.
“I fight for the Light,” said the Paladin feeling justified, “that is the most righteous reason of them all.”
“Do your victims still breathe when you are done with them? Or do you sing hymns to them while gutting their innards? I do not see how we are any different Elf, you and I. Seeing as the outcome of our actions is the death of someone or something. Now bugger off and go find something else to play,” said Elifas and turned again to walk to the vendor.
The young Paladin was left speechless. Of course he believed that his ways were just and full of righteousness but what the warlock said, about the outcome of their actions, that thought never occurred to him before.
“I at least don’t use the forces of Darkness,” was the only thing he could muster to say.
“I have seen your Light,” shouted Elifas and turned raging back to the Elf. The Elf never saw a warlock with such fury in his eyes that he started stumbling backwards.
“I have served it and this is but a part of the reward I got. I was reborn through the darkness and I have seen that too. And you know what, at least it is predictable and I understand it better. You either yield it or you die. That is all there is to it, no promises, no rewards, no betrayals and ultimately, no disappointment. It is in everyone, even you, and it grows with every death you cause. But all of you are afraid to admit it, choosing to believe that what you do is justified by any divine powers you happen to believe in. I chose to cherish it. For it lets me do what I have to do with no remorse. Leave now Elf, lest you drive me madder than I already am”.
Nobody talked to the Paladin like that before and he was stunned. His pride being hurt and not able to stand the insult, he immediately went for his sword. But before he managed to unsheathe it, an arrow struck one of his comrades dead on the ground.
“Crusaders,” someone from the small village yelled and ran to arm himself while at least more than a dozen Scarlet Crusaders were making their charge, yelling their gibberish and waving their blades, while a rain of flaming arrows was falling all around the village.
“You’d better know how to use that,” said Elifas to the Elf and begun to conjure his demon.
“I shall have your back,” said the Paladin and pulled his sword, guarding the warlock until he finished his spell. With an unearthly sound, the Voidwalked appeared out of a shadowy cloud and stood next to its master, cursing at him all the time.
“Don’t count on us returning the favor,” said Elifas and immediately commanded his demon to charge while he started hexing the enemy with different curses. The Paladin rushed into battle and was soon lost in the crowd. More commoners and young deathguards came running from the houses, armed with whatever they could muster but most of them were dropping dead by the rain of arrows. A stinking pain shot through Elifas’s leg as an arrow pierced him and the tip came out the other side. He stumbled to stay on his feet and managed to see where the bowmen were hiding. Immediately he cast his spells towards their direction while his demon rushed to attack them from behind.
It wasn’t an epic battle; it actually ended as suddenly as it had begun. Most likely a small group of fanatics that decided to attack whatever reminded them of the Scourge. Only four Crusaders survived and fled, while mostly young Deathguards and commoners had died from their swords, soaking the sickly earth with the blood. Elifas walked through the corpses to estimate the amount of casualties the village had suffered. There was a dead Orc warrior lying on top of three Crusaders, pierced by five arrows. He must’ve been new on his journey also but managed to do well from the looks of the scene. A priest was a bit behind, his entrails spilling on the floor. Both of them travelers that just happened to be passing by this small village. While the survivors were gathering to figure out what to do next, Elifas thought he saw someone moving from under a pile of bodies and walked slowly over to see who it was. It was the Elf Paladin, hurt badly and nearly dying.
“Please… hel… help me…!” he said in a stuttering voice while spitting his own blood.
Elifas kneeled next to him and smirked. He pulled a healthstone out of his bag and placed it next to the Paladin, but soon recovered it and put it back.
“You know that thing they say that when you are about to die, you see your whole life passing in front of your eyes? It’s a lie. You don’t see anything before you die. The only way to see something is if you don’t die right away and you have some time to take a look back. And you only see what you want to see. So I will give you that time Elf, to think about your life before you go to whatever Hell awaits you. One less warrior fighting my cause won’t change the outcome of the war.”
And with that he got up and left, his demon following right next to him and mumbling curses to his master, while the dying cries of the Paladin slowly faded away into the distance…

“I don’t understand why he’s all worked up,” said Elifas to his demon while on their way to the Undercity, “He will be resurrected in less than six minutes.”
“I will dig out your eyeballs and have them for breakfast,” said the Voidwalker hissing.
“Oh shut up already, I don’t have any eyeballs left,” said Elifas and walked on, throwing on the ground a piece of paper the vendor gave him after the fight with the title reading “The Cult of Shadow”…
Back to top Go down
Favius Daark
Darkcaller
Favius Daark

Application Empty
PostSubject: Re: Application   Application Icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2009 6:49 pm

(( Hey Very Happy I've been watching your thread on DB fOrum, don't worry mate, we all have to start somewhere, give an officer a poke in-game ))
Back to top Go down
https://thecult.forumotion.net
Elifas

Application Empty
PostSubject: Re: Application   Application Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 1:54 am

((Cheers mate Smile had my father in the hospital lately so I couldn't log on properly to arrange a meeting, I just had time to work a bit on leveling. Now that things are ok, I will give an officer a shout during the week. Hope it's fine))
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Application Empty
PostSubject: Re: Application   Application Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Application
Page 1 of 1