The Cult of Shadow
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A World of Warcraft Forsaken only Roleplaying Guild. Defias Brotherhood EU.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Guild Application: Mandeville

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Novikov

Guild Application: Mandeville Empty
PostSubject: Guild Application: Mandeville   Guild Application: Mandeville Icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 7:34 pm

OOC information

Character name: Mandeville (no forename)
Class: Warlock

Why do you want to join the Cult?:
I've had some RP experience on Argent Dawn, but Horde RP (especially Forsaken) was much less active. Defias Brotherhood was considered one of the better Horde RP realms and the Cult of Shadow is the foremost Forsaken guild here. Am looking forward to being able to hone my RP skills.

How did you come to learn about the Cult:

Firstly through the official Defias Brotherhood realm forum, and then via the realm wiki.

Anything else you'd like us to know?

Am still essentially an RP beginner, but I'm a fast learner. Might be looking to move one of my 80s over here at a later stage.

IC application:

Aches and pains ripped across my rotting flesh, my tortured soul. Who am I? Who was I? An arcanist of some measure, perhaps; acting upon instinct and half-remembered techniques, I discovered an aptitude for magic too refined for chance. A man without a name, also: a tattered corner of a letter on my ragged person bore the surname Mandeville, a moniker I then adopted in absence of anything else, though I am unsure whether that name was even mine, or that of some long-forgotten correspondent.

Those small worries paled in comparison, however, to the fragments of memory which haunted me.

In the recesses of my mind, I saw muddied, fleeting glimpses of a town, of a home, of people that hold some unknown significance, and of a woman whose face glistened in the pale moonlight. Then, vague yet painful flashes of a great sickness that spread across the land and of slavery in a vast legion destroying all in its way. And finally freedom, but to what end?

I was without meaning, without purpose, virtually without memory. Adrift, a crumbling shipwreck wracked by merciless, relentless waves.

But that soon changed. The message of the Cult may have been inscribed upon decaying, faded affichage, but its meaning could not be more enduring. Respect. Tenacity. Power. Those three words followed me from Deathknell to Brill, from the Sepulcher to Tarren Mill; even the Undercity itself. Perhaps unconsciously, I sought to incorporate those hallowed virtues into my before meaningless second life.

Respect. My freedom came solely from the benevolence of the Banshee Queen. I would do everything possible to advance the cause of the Forsaken, to vanquish our many enemies and to secure our rightful dominance in a hostile world that despises us.

Tenacity. I abandoned my existential qualms, my past guilt and everything tied to that distant previous life. I was now Forsaken, and such miserable self-pity lay long beneath me. My one driving force is now to serve the Dark Lady, and nothing more.

Power. The remnants of some magical career were turned to the dark arts, those unholy practices that could bend the very universe to my will in ways that arcane orthodoxy could never.

The three virtues gave me direction, some measure of purpose and motivation. And this was because of the message that followed me throughout my trials in this new Lordaeron. I now pledge my everlasting faith and devotion to that which has saved me and made me strong. I now pledge myself to learn its teachings and to eradicate its enemies. I now pledge myself to the Cult of Shadow.
Back to top Go down
Rasonal
Darkcaller
Rasonal

PostSubject: Re: Guild Application: Mandeville   Guild Application: Mandeville Icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 8:17 pm

Oh, and ve shall have you. The Forrsaken Nation Shall have you.

(( Well, Liked the IC application Smile I say Pass, when and if I will be seconded, either we will contact you or you can contact any of our officer crew- Rasonal, Thenkar, Antistia or Nassulra. ))
Back to top Go down
Thenkar

Thenkar

PostSubject: Re: Guild Application: Mandeville   Guild Application: Mandeville Icon_minitimeTue Oct 12, 2010 9:18 pm

Ah, of course this passes! See you in game!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Guild Application: Mandeville   Guild Application: Mandeville Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Guild Application: Mandeville
Page 1 of 1