The Cult of Shadow
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A World of Warcraft Forsaken only Roleplaying Guild. Defias Brotherhood EU.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Cyrillus' Application

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Cyrillus

Cyrillus' Application Empty
PostSubject: Cyrillus' Application   Cyrillus' Application Icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 6:39 pm

OOC information
Character name: Cyrillus Shadowbane
Class: Warlock

Why do you want to join the Cult?: I would like to join because I would like to become a better roleplayer (I'm still a 'newbie' at RP), and to have fun of course!
How did you come to learn about the Cult: I saw the guild mentioned on WoW wiki and the WoW forums around 2 months ago. I continued to play on my normal server (Kilrogg) but I became bored and wanted something new to do in the game. I saw Lethan posting in the forums recently which reminded me of the guild, so I thought I will give it a go.
Anything else you'd like us to know? I have done a little RP on The Venture Co. Alliance side, but I am still relatively new to the RP scene.

IC application:

"What are you doing, slouched in that corner Cyrillus? Are you hiding something? You'd best tell me what you're doing! I don't want any funny business in this tavern of mine, do you hear me!"
Cyrillus sighed heavily as he turned towards his questioner.
"If you must know Renee, I am writing a letter. Actually it's a story, about nosy innkeepers who enjoy interrogating their guests." Cyrillus replied, his voice was deep and calm. If it were possible, a grin would have slithered across his jaw. Due to the lack of skin only his teeth and bone remained, while rotten skin encased the rest of his skull. He had no eyes, only sunless pits that were embedded into his face. He claimed that shadow magic had replaced his sight, allowing him to observe the darkened world around him. His hair was lurid green, flaying out on both sides of his head, leaving an unpleasant bald patch atop his cranium. It was not a pretty sight.
"Oh, ha-ha. I'm not nosy, I just like to know what my guests are up to, especially the strange ones! I'm surprised you can even write!" Renee retorted, half serious, half jokingly.
Cyrillus turned back to his writing, muttering under his breath before he replied loudly.
"I was once a mage of Lordaeron! Of course I can write! A fine scholar was I! Oh yes, I could harness the powers of fire and frost, I had great power, you mark my words!"
Renee laughed a little at his reply. he was a strange fellow, she though to herself. She didn't know whether to buy into his stories of magic and battles or not. Strange but amusing, she thought to herself.
"Huh, well heres your Moonbery juice" Renee replied, placing the beaker upon the table next to Cyrillus. Concentrating upon writing his letter, the warlock could only manage a grunt to suggest his thanks. A few minutes passed before he stopped. Holding up his letter, Cyrillus read his scrawly writing back to himslef:

To the leaders of The Cult of Shadow,

I am writing to you to request that I, Cyrillus Shadowbane, may join the ranks of The Cult of Shadow. Since my rebirth under shadow I have changed. I was once a mage of Lordaeron, a scholar of fire, frost and arcane. I was also a fool, blinded by the Light which failed us. Due to my belief in the false 'Light' I fought in the Third War, only to die and be raised as a being of the Scourge by the Lich King.

But the tables have turned, thanks to our majestic Banshee queen Sylvanas we have all been reborn under shadow. Like you, my brothers and sisters, I have embraced the shadow. The way of the Light is weak and untrue. Shadow is where power truly lies. The Burning Legion proved this truth; it was the only force that managed to dominate and bend the Scourge to its will. This is why I have chosen to master demon magic in my new life, thus forgetting the powers that I once had as a mage of the Alliance, by becoming a warlock. It is also why I have chosen to abandon the 'Light' which once deceived me

I am also a skilled Apothecary, and could help the cult through my knowledge of potions and elixirs. I am fierce in battle, my loyalty is only towards my Forsaken brothers and sisters and to our queen Sylvanas Windrunner. The Forsaken will become a powerful force in the future, the Lich King will fall by our hands. This is why I fight, for the Forsaken, to establish our reign in this world.

I believe I would be a valuable asset to the cult. Please consider my applacation.

May the Dark Lady watch over you,

Cyrillus Shadowbane.

"Hmph" said Renee as she finished reading Cyrillus' letter from over his shoulder. Cyrillus placed his letter upon the desk and turned towards her.
"What? You nosy devil!" he questioned.
"Well, its..good...." Cyrillus nodded as she spoke, pleased with his efforts. "But you spelt application wrong" She replied, as the warlock quickly glanced at the writing.
"Oh, bugger off!" Cyrillus moaned, as Renee strode off, giggling while she went.
Back to top Go down
Thenkar

Thenkar

PostSubject: Re: Cyrillus' Application   Cyrillus' Application Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 12:48 am

Thenkar strode across the tent they had put up in the Conquest Hold. Somehow the mail had catched him even in spite of the bloody campaign that was underway. "I thought I could avoid this atleast until Venomspite... Somebody ought to hang the person, who delivers these!" he said to no one in particular. The he was alone in the tent. Alone with the heap of letters and other papers.
He sighed and quickly reviewed the pile. It was mostly bureaucracy. Recommendations, testimonies, degrees and initiatives he'd need to sign.
He was prepared to heave it all on some unfortunate cultist. "Perhaps her, she said she wanted to help..."
Then a letter caught his attention.
The handwriting belonged to no cultist he knew of.
It was not a complaint.
And Thenkar thought it reminded him of the Gallows' End.

Thenkar quickly opened and read the letter. Finishing it, he gave a grin and called for an acolyte. "Take this letter to the Deathbringer. He needs to have a look at it, brother", he said and the acolyte bowed nervously.
Thenkar thought a moment. "Wait!" he shouted and the acolyte almost jumped. Thenkar took the letter back and carefully wrote on the envelope. "Brother, this one shows promise. Shall we embrace him?"
He thought about it for a minute and finally added: "Even if he spelt application wrong."
Relieved, the acolyte left with the letter.
Leaving Thenkar alone with the pile.

((Sorry, your application inspired me to write that! >.<
Nevertheless, I liked it a lot. I think you're a sure pass. When another one agrees with me, contact one of us IG for your interview.

It's no problem, if you're new to RP, you can learn on the way. But generally these pointers have been useful:
- If you are unsure, see how others do it, you might learn some tricks for your own use.
- Don't be afraid to ask, or make it known you're new. RP community's generally open and helpful.
- Take part in the events and try to get yourself heard. It might be hard in the beginning, but faster you get people notice you, the faster you'll get inside the flow.
- If there doesn't seem to be any RP around, ask in the channels. There might be Random RP or you could find some to RP with you. Our ooc channel and general RP channels (HordeRP for example) should have population. Same can work in PvE and PvP needs. I've seen many who prefer to recruit from RP channels.
Hopefully these'll be of some use.))

Last edited by Thenkar on Fri Aug 27, 2010 1:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rasonal
Darkcaller
Rasonal

PostSubject: Re: Cyrillus' Application   Cyrillus' Application Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 12:53 am

(( Obviously, seconded! ))
Back to top Go down
Cyrillus

PostSubject: Re: Cyrillus' Application   Cyrillus' Application Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 2:56 pm

((Thank you for accepting and the advice! I will contact an officer in game as soon as I can))
Back to top Go down
Ravie

Ravie

PostSubject: Re: Cyrillus' Application   Cyrillus' Application Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 11:36 pm

((Yay, another shadow wielder for Ravie to play with ^^ I approve!))
Back to top Go down
Grogoth

PostSubject: Re: Cyrillus' Application   Cyrillus' Application Icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2010 12:38 pm

I enjoyed reading this application! Can't wait to see you in game!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cyrillus' Application   Cyrillus' Application Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cyrillus' Application
Page 1 of 1