The Cult of Shadow
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A World of Warcraft Forsaken only Roleplaying Guild. Defias Brotherhood EU.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Application.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Mervyn

Application. Empty
PostSubject: Application.   Application. Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 12:39 am

OOC

Character: Mervyn
Class: Warlock
Why do you want to join the Cult?: Looking for a friendly, forsaken role playing guild with worldPvP thrown in for good measure, and as far as guilds fitting this critera go on this fine Realm i believe the cult is the best
How did you come to learn about the Cult: Through my own searchings. I'm a refugee from "Sporeaggar" where the roleplay was pretty much dead, and so i thought it was about time to look for new pastures and from asking several people i heard that Defias was excellent for both Roleplay and PvP. This lead me to looking through your forums and the roleplaying wiki set up for the server and i found you.

IC application:

The weight of it, he still cannot comprehend why, but the whisper in his head..it made the weight of his armour disappear, the pain his body felt melt away and it made him immortal at a comparatively cheap price.He just had to surrender to it's will..his will.

I'm not sure how the whisper first began to talk to him, his memory of the time before the awakening is hazy at best but he remember being human, a proud and noble bastard at that. All valiant and loving and pure, the whisper takes all that away from you...God, how at times he misses the whisper in his mind, things were so much easier when he had it in him, when it controlled him, when his actions weren't his own and he merely watched and bathed in the majesty that it was.

Orcs...even now, he hates them. he fought them once, o' yes, before the whisper i might add. He would stand tall, shoulder to shoulder with men draped in the same armour and tabards as Mervyn wore which bore the symbol of a nation, Lordaeron. He can not remember much of his time during the war with the orcs. indiscriminate flashes of memory of past battles, cowering behind a shield and arrows rain from above..and one rather embarrassing encounter with a "Female" elf. But all this pointless now...but still, a seathing hatred he has with the orcs..

What he can remember however is becoming undead. He did not die in a rather dignified way, nore in glorious battle with the vast armies of the scourge as he protected helpless villagers. But in a mere loaf of bread which he purchased to enjoy with a humble soup...it turned him..affected his mind. He heard the whisper of the lich king in his mind and at first his fought it, he threw it back with all his might and his courage and every ounce of humanity...but soon realising he could not resist it's might, like an obedient dog, he sat down and let his master take control.

The horrible unspeakable things he did during the lich king had his will bent is something Mervyn is still reluctant to talk about, but he is willing to talk of his awakening.

The day the whisper left him was rather abrupt...and it left without warning, and the moment it did the realisation of everything that had happened hit him...and for a time he screamed like a baby crying more it's mother. Mervyn knew he was not alone with the whisper leaving him, as the plaguelands came alive with screams that had not been heard since the culling of Stratholme as so many people were lost from the Lich kings grasp came to a realisation that they were once again free...

The first thing Mervyn did was strip naked, discarding his helmet, sword and armour he sprinted towards lake Darrowmere and stared into the water disgusted at what he saw, his face was held together by black iron and strips of metal were all holding his torso from crumbling...he was a monster, and he let forth a triumphant howl and screamed for an answer to his new form, and the void answered..this would be his first step towards his demonic path of darkness.

dazed and confused, and somewhat unable to remember how to walk after months or prehaps years having a greater power to do it for him Mervyn shambled toward a caravan heading west full of forsaken souls such as himself

"You are forsaken, brother..join us." said the thing at the head of the caravan

Mervyn reluctantly agreed, and folded into the ranks of the forsaken, and now searches for a deeper meaning and so has been brought to the cult...
Back to top Go down
Thenkar

Thenkar

Application. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Application.   Application. Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 1:01 am

T'was a nice read. I think this passes for me, anyone wanna second me?
Back to top Go down
Darjee
Darkcaller
Darjee

Application. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Application.   Application. Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 9:44 am

Seconded, contact an officer in game to get an interview.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Application. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Application.   Application. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Application.
Page 1 of 1