The Cult of Shadow
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A World of Warcraft Forsaken only Roleplaying Guild. Defias Brotherhood EU.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A letter to Shadowpope

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Lenrin

A letter to Shadowpope Empty
PostSubject: A letter to Shadowpope   A letter to Shadowpope Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2011 4:47 pm

OOC information
Character name: Lenrin
Class: Rogue

Why do you want to join the Cult?: I have always liked playing as a forsaken and RP in general.
How did you come to learn about the Cult: I did quite a bit of searching around for RP guilds and found many in officials forums,the one fitting to my taste was Cult of Shadow.
Anything else you'd like us to know? I have been roleplaying in games(especially in DDO and D&D) for about 4 years. Currently I only have time for WoW as I have entered the Hacettepe Faculty of Medicine in Ankara,Turkey and working like hell to survive in this eternal battleground of patients and doctors.

To Shadowpope Thenkar.
Lenrin is my name and odd jobs are my trade. Alas one can tell that It is quite difficult to find odd jobs in a...dead city, It is the main reason I am writing this letter to you,Shadowpope and,say,not robbing a goblin blind.

You see,friend,I have been around for quite a while, I lived in Lordaeron, quiet place, a good king, I dont know,a traitor prince who murdered his people, great shops,the city got all. Especially if you knew how to turn other people ill luck into your fortune.(Ill luck,as in, walking after dusk, asking for a *short* beer in a dwarven tavern,etc) I spent most of my life being a trader...of sorts. Buying low and selling high. Buying anything low and selling anything high,dare I say, be it information, jewel, the act of throwing a dagger to a foe, anything had a price and I pretty much did...well,everything which paid well.

Of course every good story has an end,and for some reason,It had to end with zombies and ghouls. After the prince... paid his *visit* to the King, you could guess what happened. Total chaos, Shadowpope. Everyone knows It is easier to profit in chaos,zombies be damned,they were NOT going stop me from doing what I did for years.Smuggling. This time,homever,the price was quite,as people were trying to run and meanwhile,trying to find someone to help them. As a servant of the greater me, I offered them a deal. I could not simply carry people through the scourge army. Homever I was more than able to sneak past them myself and I could carry their goods with me.For 20% cut. Many took the offer as they could not simply leave the city carrying their valuables while scourge was killing people household by household.

With my bag full of jewels,gold and a toy murlock(the kid paid well for that) I made a run for it. I had been avoiding guards for years,going from sewer to sewer, taking shortcuts and hiding in the shadows. Zombies being dumb, I thought I could make...what,2,perhaps 3 runs. Helping people and making myself a fortune during those runs. Of course I knew there were some...details, heard of clever liches, merciless death knights,but hey,I reckoned they were more interested in slaying... priests,nobles and whatnot.

I must say I was quite suprised to run into a knight...the dead variety. I offered him half of my share,then half of the bag,then the bag itself,and after that everything I had on me. He took the offer and... well,gave me a nice sword through my gut. I thought *Aint a fair trade* as I fell. Life was short as they said. Not long after,I woke up as a dead man...No,a poor and dead man. I was the one who robbed knights in their sleep,irony eh?

After the Queen broke free of the bonds, many followed her,I too was free and evaluated my choices: *Serve the king whose soldiers murdered AND robbed me, or serve the Queen who gave me my free will.* The choice was obvious. Alas there was a small problem,you see...Everyone participated in building the city after freeing it from the scourge,had a talent. A few were holy men, some were warriors,others crafters, hunters,scouts. Everyone had either a job or learned to do something...to help the growing city. I, on the other hand, had spent my life breaking rules instead of helping to create them, and It was...you know, to smuggle goods in a city when everyone is doing the same...not for profit,but for building the city. I knew I would not fit in and took my leave to try my luck somewhere else.

It feels quite...I dont know, *good* to be back in Undercity. I had arrived recently,It took me a while to learn that,no matter how useful my talents to the living,no matter how much they pay for backstabbing each other, my home was here,among my kin. And lo,I am here,writing this letter as an application to the Cult of Shadow. The Shadow works in interesting ways,eh,Shadowpope?
May the shadow follow you,embrace you and ensure you profit from wholesaling gems,Shadowpope.
Mind not my prayer,It is but one I found fitting to my taste.
Back to top Go down
Thenkar

Thenkar

A letter to Shadowpope Empty
PostSubject: Re: A letter to Shadowpope   A letter to Shadowpope Icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2011 1:44 am

A nice one! Big yes from me, do I need someone to second this?

After someone agrees, poke one of us IG for your interview and invite.
Back to top Go down

A letter to Shadowpope
Page 1 of 1