The Cult of Shadow
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A World of Warcraft Forsaken only Roleplaying Guild. Defias Brotherhood EU.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Vestor and Fallgarth Aplication

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Vestor_F

Vestor and Fallgarth Aplication Empty
PostSubject: Vestor and Fallgarth Aplication   Vestor and Fallgarth Aplication Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 2:28 am

OOC:
Character names: Vestor and Fallgarth
Classes: Vestor (Warlock) – Fallgarth (Priest)
Why do you want to join the Cult?: We’re extremelly motivated to join an Undead RP Guild
How did you come to learn about the Cult: Defias Brotherhood (EU) Forum and Guild Forum.

We decided to apply with a connected plot since we're friends in real life and very oftenly play the game together. Apart from it, we thought it would be a good idea and an inovative one.

IC:

On a full pale moonlighted night, a woman screams in pain while violent contractions torture her fragile womb. Laid on an abandoned barn’s wooden floor, covered in filth left over by decades of human negligence, Merala , a mentally strong woman from Ambermill town, thrives alone to give birth to her soon-to-be twin seeds.

Outside, next to a windmill, a strange merchant from the far lands of Kalimdor heard the screams coming from the abandoned barn and rushed to help desperately in whatever need should come but as closer he approached, the more Merala’s screams vanished in silent tears. By the time Faniko went into the old barn, a silent cold moment invaded his surroundings as he saw the helpless and hopeless woman breathlessly dead on the floor covered in sweat and eyed-open tears. The merchant approached carefully, scouting the dark corners of the decrepit barn. With each step he took, his heart raced a little faster and his mind filled with questions. Suddenly, he was charged by a raged Worg. With swiftness he stabbed the foul beast in its neck, killing it in one spectacular blow delt with his dagger. Afterwards he reached Merala’s unanimated body and saw that she had taken her final breath. Her eyes stared wide open to the moldy ceiling, her mouth was still open and her forehead was wrinkled, like she had died in one final scream of agony. The merchant was about to kneel near the head of the woman, when he heard a small mown coming from a pile of straw near a window. Faniko stood up on one swift movement and grabed the rusty dagger from his belt. His forehead started driping with sweat, as he approached the sound. The mowns became louder and louder, and he started to realize that it sounded like a child. Only, the sound was nothing like the children he had heard before. They were lower, darker, and felt like cold in his face. He finally reached the pile of straw, and was amazed and shocked at the sight. Not one, but two newborn were lying on the floor, but they looked weak as they were practically immobile. The merchant holstered his dagger and leaned over the children, and when he wiped the straw from their face, he came to a dreaded realization: those children had been ravished by some kind of beast, probably the raged Worg that assaulted him. One of them, the one that was moaning, had 4 large tears in her chest, and the second one had deep cuts all over her face. The vision was so ville that the merchant had to look away to prevent from vomiting, but he took a deep breath, mustered his resolve and carefully picked up the children. Faniko wrapped the newborn twins in a ragged mantel made of low quality cloth and decided the best was to focus on leaving the children at the nearby monastery stairway, with high hopes that the pilgrim priests of the Holy Light, residents of the monastery, would take care of their dark and shadowy future. As walked through the barn door, he decided to close their mother’s eyes, so he returned to the cold body and noticed a bloody torned black notebook that looked like her personal diary. He stored the book on his backpack and left that desolate place.

Faniko left the children at the monastery stairway, taking advantage of the guard’s shift change, and headed to the nearby tabern. There, he had a fine fresh brew to cold out his recently disturbed mind. He took a deep breath and gazed at his backpack, seeing the little black corner of the book he had found on Melara’s corpse. He picked up the book, unable to contain his curiosity and started to read from the beginning, realizing it was Merala’s personal diary. Hours went by and soon the tabern’s closing hour came. Faniko did not realize it was late, as he was mesmerized by the contents of the diary. He decided not to reveal such a dark story and carried out on his journey, carrying from now on the burden of this recently found secret. Before he left Ambermill, he returned to the monastery and saw the children weren’t on the stairwell anymore and decided to leave a letter in the mailbox that simply said “Please take care of Vestor and Fallgarth”. The man disappeared in the Silverpine Forest, as the dawn of a new day started to shine in.

Eighteen years went by in the lives of these two orphans. Working as servants cleaning the monastery library, Vestor and Fallgarth grew among tales of mythical battles between dragons and demons and the lust of the ancient Quel’dorei for magic. They felt drawn to reading forbidden contents from the library’s archive, after the preachers had returned to their cells at night. Vestor became especially devoted to the arts of conjuration. He grew up to be an unstable curious with an evil and sarcastic humor for everything in life and death. His curiosity for the ways of the dark cults and the crimson void led him to seek out knowledge of malignant and terrific content, which may explain his unstable temperament as well as his will to learn and devote. Fallgarth always felt drawn to the mystical powers of prayer and shadow, reading about powerful clerics that used their divine spirituality to manipulate life, whether creatively or destructively. Living a life of seclusion behind a black leather mask that hid the horrendous scars on his face, he dreamed that one day he would be able to harness the power of creation so he could corrupt it and use it to smite down those who, for years, harassed and forced him to live a life of shame and silent suffering. He grew up to be a man with low self-esteem and shame to look others in the eye, except for his best friend Vestor. The young servants did not know about their past, they didn’t even knew that they were brothers, twins, identical souls trapped in lives of misery. Fallgarth’s scars were too deep, his constantly shadowed face was too torn, and the monastery’s priests always hid their kinship from them. They frequently spent sleepless nights practicing and mastering the teaching of the old books deep down in the abandoned basement of Ambermill’s brewery. Vestor would invoke demoniacal beings of the void on which he would practice his curses, with the aid of Fallgarth’s healing spells and shadow incantations. Their lives went buy with dullness within Ambermill’s domain, until the night a mysterious elder arrived in town and intercepted the fellow apprenctices in the midst of their secret ceremony, down in the brewery’s basement.

The strange figure introduced himself with just one question:
- Stranger: “Which one is Vestor and which is Fallgarth?”
The two young followers of the arcane arts, in a failed attempt to undo all the scenery they created, turned to the newcomer and answered with clumsiness:
- Vestor: “I’m Vestor and he’s Fallgarth!”
- Fallgarth: “He’s Vestor and I’m Falgarth!”
Meanwhile, Phanthyk, Vestor’s preferred minion, kept destroying some old ceramic urns behind the basement storage, making such a noise that the stranger replied:
- Stranger: “I am Faniko, of the Meternelas bloodline, and you might want to dismiss your Voidwalker minion before he decides to drink the entire out-dated brew around…”
Soon after Vestor dismissed his clumsy minion, the question arose in both young minds, asked by Fallgarth in his shy way of facing reality:
- Fallgarth: And who might you be?
- Vestor: “Garlop, stop poking around!”
Garlop, Vestor’s personal imp servant, used to be locked in the basement cleaning all the mess the two young boys did, started to frantically run towards the old man. He quickly jumped and was aiming for Faniko’s head, when the old merchant quickly dodged him and stabbed his green back with a previously concealed ivory-handle dagger. Garlop vanished in thin air and the brothers felt even more shocked.
- Fallgarth: Please elder one, we are unworthy of your blade, we are just..
- Faniko: I know who you are! I’ve known you all my life. The day I met you changed my life forever.
- Vestor: The day you’ve met us?
- Faniko: I was the one who delivered you to that wretched monastery, I was the one that saved you from the beast that took his face and almost killed you both. I was the one who held you for the first time as I closed your dead mother’s empty eyes.
- Vestor and Fallgarth: Our mother?
- Vestor: What do you mean “our mother”? Are we brothers?
The moment he asked that question, Vestor realized that he had felt it all his life. He tried to deny it, but the closer he got to the ways of magic, the stronger he could feel it. Fallgarth wasn’t only his best friend, he felt a strong bond between them, a blood bond. Fallgarth never felt it, because he believed he was not human, he believed his horrible face was the remains of the terrible race to which he should belong. He never felt right between mankind, and he always hoped he would not be a part of it.
- Faniko: You are more than brothers. You are twins, born on the same day your mother died. I realized I could not provide you with any future, so I hoped the priests of the monastery would. I can see that I did the right choice.
- Vestor: Those damn clerics had nothing to do with us. They concealed us from the outside world and used us as servants.
- Faniko: At least you were able to hear your calling, I see you are quite skilled in the ways of magic and the occult.
- Fallgarth: Wait, tell us more about our mother!
- Faniko: I can’t do that, you have to figure out on your own.
- Vestor: And just how are we supposed to do that, old man? And what’s that about our calling?
- Faniko: In due time you will find that the road that led me to you, was the same one that led you to this basement. Take this, read it and finish what I have started – Faniko took the time-scorched black book and threw it to Vestor – you must find him so you can complete the circle.
The brothers looked amazed at the book with numerous questions on their minds. Vestor was about to open the book, when Fallgarth shouted.
- Fallgarth: “Find him”? Find wh..

Faniko had disappeared. The brothers were perplexed at the events that had transpired. Fallgarth ran to the basement stairs, but it was too late. When he returned to his brother, a voice sounded outside saying “Find Vesgarth the Tormented”. The phrase faded like Faniko, and soon it was just Vestor, Fallgarth and their book. Unable to contain their curiosity, the brothers opened the book and started to read. It was a journal, signed by Merala the Fallen. Merala was a Dalaran wizard that belonged to the Kirin Tor. She spent countless hours devoted to her work, cataloguing every spell, artifact and magic item known to manking. She would often doubt if the very existence of magic was only a threat that would unbalance an otherwise peaceful existence. Merala’s final years were spent deeply in love with another wizard called Vesgarth the Tormented. He was a man whose past was so dark that he never told anyone about it, not even Merala. Unlike their mother, Vesgarth believe that magic was the source of life itself, since it was told to be present right from the moment of creation. Vesgarth admired magic so much, that he sometimes felt contempt for the material world, stating that physical existence didn’t make sense and was the real unbalancing factor. The fact that they were so different was what kept them close together.

Merala was two months pregnant when Vesgarth disappeared. He left behind a note, that was stuck inside the black book, saying his past had come to him and it was better if she was not around, for the doom that surrounded his destiny would be cast upon her and their future offspring. The note ended with a promise, that one day the time would come to reunite the family, and that when that time came, that note would burn spontaneously. After the separation, Melara continued her work at Dalaran but, when she was 6 months in her pregnancy, she was dispatched from Dalaran to the nearby village of Ambermill, where she would continue her studies. Upon arrival at the village, Merala was apprehensive. Ambermill was little more than a few houses surrounding a monastery, not a pulsating capital like Dalara. Still she felt obliged to do what was asked of her, so she settled down in a little house next to an old barn. As the time for her to give birth to her offspring came closer, strange things started to happen in Ambermill. First, a series of what seemed to be random kidnaps started to trouble the little town. Then, strange patterns of light would be seen over the barn in the midst of the night. One night, Merala was in a lot of pain, and her concentration wasn’t blocking the hurt as it did before. Merala described in her book, that she saw a strange shadow passing by her window, moving towards the barn. The last lines of the diary were blurred by blood marks. The handwriting was different, like someone had written it with sacrifice. It said “Why after so much time? The void in his eyes darkened my soul. I pray that my children will be kept safe. In my dying breath I name them Vestor and Fallgarth, in honor of my murderer.”

Once again the brothers were stunned. Once again questions rampaged through their minds. At least one had been answered: “Why did they need to find Vesgarth”. That night the brothers escaped from Ambermill on their way to Dalaran, in hopes of finding a clue that would point them on the direction of their father. Both of them shared the same thought, to learn why Vesgarth had killed their mother, and then have their revenge. A consequence of those troubled times, the two brothers died shortly after, victims of a trap placed long ago during one of the many wars Azeroth had seen. They fell for ages in a dark abyss and their life was lost before they even reached the bottom. It was not until the formation of the Scourge that they saw the world once again. Once fighting among the ranks of this undead army, the two brothers soon switched sides and fought with Sylvanas Windrunner and the rebels for the proclamation of the Undead race, as an independent one, as it came to be with Undercity as its capital.

In the years that followed the third war, Vestor and Fallgarth continued learning and exploring the depths of magic, becoming increasingly interested in the Cult of the Forgotten Shadow as a religious orientation, interpreting on their own the very true meaning of the three virtues, Respect, Tenacity and Power. They searched intensively within the undead society for those who would guide them through that philosophy, never forgetting the fulfillment of their family’s prophecy.

OOC: Hope you enjoy it as much as we did writing it
Back to top Go down
Nassulra
Darkcaller
Nassulra

PostSubject: Re: Vestor and Fallgarth Aplication   Vestor and Fallgarth Aplication Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 7:28 am

Very good, contact us in game for a quĂ­ck interview.
Back to top Go down
Favius Daark
Darkcaller
Favius Daark

PostSubject: Re: Vestor and Fallgarth Aplication   Vestor and Fallgarth Aplication Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 12:34 pm

((I'm meeting with Trig in the War Quarter tonight at 10pm server time would be great if you could come along as well, you to Nass if you're available ;P))
Back to top Go down
https://thecult.forumotion.net
Favius Daark
Darkcaller
Favius Daark

PostSubject: Re: Vestor and Fallgarth Aplication   Vestor and Fallgarth Aplication Icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2009 2:23 pm

Recruited! Some great RP there Gents, thread locked.
Back to top Go down
https://thecult.forumotion.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vestor and Fallgarth Aplication   Vestor and Fallgarth Aplication Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Vestor and Fallgarth Aplication
Page 1 of 1