The Cult of Shadow
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A World of Warcraft Forsaken only Roleplaying Guild. Defias Brotherhood EU.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

From the Shadows I was born

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Altimeci

From the Shadows I was born Empty
PostSubject: From the Shadows I was born   From the Shadows I was born Icon_minitimeFri Mar 01, 2013 2:35 pm

Before the Third War I had it all... serenity, wealth, power. I miss the good old days before my transformation.

No one ever bothered me, I left my life separated from the normal life in towns like Darrowshire, Corin's Crossing and Tyr's Hand. They never bothered me because they feared me for who I am. You see,one day a young boy from Darrowshire dared to set foot on my property to fight the "Wicked witch of the mountains". He couldn't have made a bigger mistake, hehehe.

You see, I studied all my pre-forsaken life the arts of petrification. From all around the world I would hire mercenaries to fetch me all kinds of basilisks for me to examine. Luckily for me, and unfortunate for the young boy, I have mastered my art perfectly. It only took me one gaze inside his blue perfect eyes to see his anguish turn into cold hard stone.

Unfortunate for me, the boy appeared to be the son of a wealthy merchant from Stratholme and within a few days the entire mountain side was crawling with soldiers looking for the boy. That is when they found me... I fought fiercely with all my powers, adding new ornaments to the interior of my cave, hehehe. But it appeared I was fighting a lost battle, it was only a matter of time untill they caught me off guard and knocked me unconcious.

When I woke up I was still inside my hide-out. I couldn't see anything, I could hear people standing around me and I could feel the pain... oh the pain. At first I thought that it was from the blow to my head and I thought they had blindfolded me. I reached for my eyes only to discover that they were gone! I started screaming like banshee but with no effect. I heard footsteps coming closer and I felt someone drag me up by my hair.

"You pay for what you have done to my son, witch!" the voice said. "I would kill you but even your death doesn't satisfy my wrath... no, I have a better idea." After these words I felt another blow to my head and everything went dark again. It appeares that he didn't want me to die quick clean death, what they did is they dragged me to a cave inside the mountains and sealed it off completely for me to spend my the rest of my life trapped inside in the darkness, with only the shadow as my friend.

I spent a few years lurking inside, trying to navigate by smell and sound. Experimenting with what I could eat and what not. It all went by trial and error ofcourse, it took me a few months to identify the eatable mushrooms by smell, before that I literally spent a few weeks puking my guts out wishing the merchant would have killed me instead. What was there left for me to live for? He stripped me off my powers by cutting my eyes out, even if I made it outside the cave I would just be a blind foolish woman destined to spend the rest of her miserable life begging for a few coppers on the streets.

Life was boring, my life consited from waking up, finding something to eat, navigate to the nearest spring and trying to catch bats, just for fun. That pretty much sums up my entire life before the illness. It came when I was asleep and felt like a burning fire inside my soul. Every day that passed I felt my life slipping away and within a day or two everything went dark again, forever.

I have no idea how many days, months, years have passed since I regained my concience. The only I can remember is waking up from a terrible nightmare, suddenly the voices stopped and my eternal hatred for every living thing stopped. I knew I was changed, I could feel it. My once warm flesh felt cold like death and the odor of my own rotting flesh filled the cave I was still trapped in. But that's not the only reason why I knew I was changed, they may have taken my eyes and my life away but something else filled that hole inside my own being.

When the voices disappeared I notices other voices taking it's place. I didn't knew what it was at first, they were talking to me in a constant flow of whispers. I didn't more voices taking over my life again so I tried to ignore them at first, but after a few weeks the whispers started getting louder, calling me by my own name, convincing me to listen to them. I thought I was going insane when I opened myself to the voices and for the first time listened to what they had to say.

"There is a opening, freedom, freedom, come join us, join us, come, follow!" I followed the voices, getting louder as I walked in the right direction. I don't how long I have walked before I heard other sounds that the echoes of my footsteps. "Freedom, freedom, up ahead, you go, shadows help you, help you." the voices said to me as I walked towards my freedom...

Untill that day the voices became my guide, they taught me how I could get my vision back using them as a resource. They taught me how to weave them into powerfull attacks I could use to defend myself. But mostly, they filled the hollow shell that is left from my former self, making me into something new, something better.

My first observations of my surrounding was terrifying, nothing was the same again as I remember it. Ofcourse, I later found out, was because Deathwing was free again before mighty heroes defeated him. That was also the last day the voices gave me my last order before merging with myself to become a new beging: "The cult, go seek the shadows, go to shadowglen, join the shadows, the cult, GO!"

OOC information
Character name: Altimecia
Class: Priest

Why do you want to join the Cult?: For the ultimate undead experience
How did you come to learn about the Cult: Guild finding tool, deskresearch
Back to top Go down
Dunderholm of Ambermill
Darkcaller
Dunderholm of Ambermill

PostSubject: Re: From the Shadows I was born   From the Shadows I was born Icon_minitimeFri Mar 01, 2013 3:49 pm

Quite interesting to read, I must admit I am not a big fan of the petrify ability but as I understand you are no longer able to do that.

*stamp of approval*

Contact one of our members ingame for a referal to the officer staff to set a time and date for a IC interview.
Remember the cult holds weekly sermons on tuesday 20:30 realm time. The location is commonly Deathknell but can vary between the Undercity and Brill as well.
Back to top Go down
Altimeci

PostSubject: Re: From the Shadows I was born   From the Shadows I was born Icon_minitimeFri Mar 01, 2013 4:45 pm

Thank you Dunderholm for your reply and approval Smile

I wanted to give Altimecia a past as a powerfull witch who got stripped of her powers before the transformation to scourge, later on forsaken. It had to be powers that could be stipped quite easily with just a minor modification to her body fitting with the standard forsaken skins currently available ingame. Petrification was the key to this problem Smile

Though "the shadows" have granted her her vision back she is, like you said, no longer able to turn living beings into stone.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: From the Shadows I was born   From the Shadows I was born Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

From the Shadows I was born
Page 1 of 1