The Cult of Shadow
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A World of Warcraft Forsaken only Roleplaying Guild. Defias Brotherhood EU.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

An application in name of Varaelya Sin'talah

Go down 
+2
Drazhk
Deayna
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Sintalah

An application in name of Varaelya Sin'talah Empty
PostSubject: An application in name of Varaelya Sin'talah   An application in name of Varaelya Sin'talah Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2013 4:38 am

OOC information
Character name: Varaelya Sin'talah
Class: Warlock
Level: In the Cataclysmic range 80-85, work in progress

Why do you want to join the Cult?: The surname of this character may ring a bell to some. This Forsaken girl is the long lost sister of Sylvaelynn Sin'talah, Lieutenant of Sin Belore. I wish to expand my horizon and explore Forsaken RP. Playing a Shadow Priestess as it is, I already strongly lean towards Forsaken and I guess the next step is playing an actual Forsaken rather than the ever aspiring Sylvaelynn.
How did you come to learn about the Cult: Through direct RP-contact on events and random/story line based RP I had the honour of getting to know the guild and its fascinating background.
Anything else you'd like us to know? I want your love. I'm a 24 yr old Physics student from Amsterdam.

IC application
(( So this may be a bit of an odd application as it is actually a plea from Varaelya's sister. The reason I chose this, is the fact that Varaelya is dead at this point, not yet returned to Unlife. There's not a lot to tell about Varaelya as she's been missing in action and I feel that having her resurrected provides a great opportunity to wipe her background and have her start with a clean slate. Some background is obviously shared with Sylvaelynn. Varaelya was born and raised in Tranquillien as a daughter to a magister and priestess of the light, her parents are deceased and she herself went MIA during Arthas' siege on Silvermoon. She recently died from Fairbreeze's Plagued resources at the age of around eighty years old. ))

Dear Diederich Northcliffe,

This letter is both an update on our current situation and a plea for my sister.

Bodies started to pile up in Fairbreeze Village as more and more of my kin suffer the final stages of their diseases. Many are identified, many are not. It would seem that Fairbreeze village is a popular stop for Sin'dorei travelling from and to the city. Luckily Sin Belore Recruits, Soldiers and even Officers seem to survive so far. No doubt provided slowing-dotes and their required fit state make them tougher to take down than civilians.

In our earlier conversations I offered you access to a body of one of our deceased. It only seemed suitable to offer you the body of the woman who could not be identified and happened to be the first to die of the Plague hitting Fairbreeze Village.

One of my Soldiers insisted I would try and identify the woman first. She acted on a gut feeling which I personally don't appreciate much, but I have to admit that her feeling was right. Upon having a look at the body, I recognised none other than Varaelya, my sister who I thought to be dead since long ago.

I have but one request in return for providing her body as an subject of examination. Return her to this world. As one of yours and take her in as one of your own. Have the Forgotten Shadow guide her as it guides me through dark times in this cruel world.

Do this and gain two powerful allies: my sister as one of your own and myself as direct contact within Sin Belore. Do this as a proof of our alliance and a clenched fist towards Vangrel Lansire and his followers.

I don't know who else to turn to. You will forever have my gratitude.

The Shadow guide you,

~Sylvaelynn Sin'talah
Lieutenant of Sin Belore

*The last few sentences may require rereading as tears seem to have run out the ink here and there.*

(( I sincerely hope this is sufficient to have Varaelya find a home in the Cult. If accepted, I would find it more than awesome to have an event based on her resurrection. Let me know if there's anything wrong with the application or if I should alter certain bits. I am open to suggestions. ))(( Oops. It also seems I have to use a different username than my character name as I registered first and then heard one can apply as a guest. My bad. ))
Back to top Go down
Deayna

Deayna

PostSubject: Re: An application in name of Varaelya Sin'talah   An application in name of Varaelya Sin'talah Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2013 4:59 am

Hello again, fellow Dutch person!
I said I would vouch for you (Me being Poxis, the rather special apothecary you met this evening) so here I am! I see nothing wrong with your application, and seeing you are a pretty experienced roleplayer I'm sure you also know your fair share of Forsaken lore and how they work IC'ly. And if not, nothing wrong with that, seeing your character will be risen freshly from the grave and might be confused for a long time, so everything can also be learned IC. (As long as you have the basics on how Forsaken mostly feel etc, though some newly risen even claim to still have feelings, a thing we call Echo's of Life.)
I spoke with Drazhk (our inquisitor necromancer) already regarding a raising, and he's willing to do so, so we cold turn this into an event, sure! Smile

We'll speak soon again I think, at least OOC, since my main character in the Cult is quite dead IC'ly, so I cannot do much at the moment IC. Except with dear Poxy of course. We shall see!
Welcome at least here at our merry band of misfits.

Last edited by Deayna on Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Drazhk

Drazhk

PostSubject: Re: An application in name of Varaelya Sin'talah   An application in name of Varaelya Sin'talah Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2013 5:03 am

Right, been reading through this, and I agree with Dae/ Poxy. I took the opportunity this evening to look over her shoulder as well, and have already seen you are an experienced RPer.

As said, I'm more than happy to raise your character in an event, would be rather epic even. So hereby *stamp of approval* Which means we can try and find a date for your raising, which will also be your IC interview. Smile
Back to top Go down
Dunderholm of Ambermill
Darkcaller
Dunderholm of Ambermill

PostSubject: Re: An application in name of Varaelya Sin'talah   An application in name of Varaelya Sin'talah Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2013 1:51 pm

*stamp of approval* Still need to file that report as Sarrif Razz
Back to top Go down
Diederich

Diederich

PostSubject: Re: An application in name of Varaelya Sin'talah   An application in name of Varaelya Sin'talah Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2013 3:02 pm

Lets get the ball rolling then peeps!
Back to top Go down
http://www.alanferg.co.uk
Deayna

Deayna

PostSubject: Re: An application in name of Varaelya Sin'talah   An application in name of Varaelya Sin'talah Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2013 3:46 pm

I've send the report to Dunder and Drazhk on Poxis yesterday, so the rest of the Cult is notified already! :3
Back to top Go down
Bondojoave

Bondojoave

PostSubject: Re: An application in name of Varaelya Sin'talah   An application in name of Varaelya Sin'talah Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2013 6:09 pm

I really like the idea of handing over your sister to the Cult, Varaelya! It's an idea macabre, very suitabel for the Cult's feeling for drama.

It will be a nice event to get your sister raisen...maybe Varaelya should attend in secret, to tell the story at the campfires with the Sin'belore?

May the Shadow embrace your sister!

/ Bondo

Back to top Go down
Varaelya

PostSubject: Re: An application in name of Varaelya Sin'talah   An application in name of Varaelya Sin'talah Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2013 7:45 pm

I hope Varaelya can attend as she's the one who needs rising from the grave Wink. Perhaps that the alive and kicking Sylvaelynn will try to be there at the start, but I will have to work with the fact that she is on the same account as Varaelya. Then again I think I will be able to work around that one way or another.

I'll throw some dates in here for event planning as the weekend is a bit uncertain when I will be available due to rowing club meetings and Skype dates Razz.

How are Monday and Tuesday?
Back to top Go down
Drazhk

Drazhk

PostSubject: Re: An application in name of Varaelya Sin'talah   An application in name of Varaelya Sin'talah Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2013 8:41 pm

Well tuesday is the sermon night, so afterwards could work, or Monday would be okay too.
Back to top Go down
Dunderholm of Ambermill
Darkcaller
Dunderholm of Ambermill

PostSubject: Re: An application in name of Varaelya Sin'talah   An application in name of Varaelya Sin'talah Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2013 9:16 pm

Thread locked, planning moved to event thread.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: An application in name of Varaelya Sin'talah   An application in name of Varaelya Sin'talah Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

An application in name of Varaelya Sin'talah
Page 1 of 1