The Cult of Shadow
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A World of Warcraft Forsaken only Roleplaying Guild. Defias Brotherhood EU.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

VeleaLynin

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
VeleaLyn

VeleaLynin Empty
PostSubject: VeleaLynin   VeleaLynin Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 6:46 am

OOC information
Character name: Velea
Class: Mage - Level 80

Why do you want to join the Cult?: I've heard good things about the guild, and if I am going to start roleplaying a forsaken, I think it would be a good place to learn. I might even stick around if I like it here Wink

How did you come to learn about the Cult: I've heard about it form numerous sources, the DB forum... in game... etc. I think I've killed one or two of your members as a Winterblade nelf Wink

Anything else you'd like us to know? Although I am not new to RP in itself, I only know the basic forsaken lore (what you'd learn from the Wc3 campaigns, in-game and a quick browse through wowpedia). I am not completely sure if my character concept works lore-wise, or if it would fit the guild, so I am looking for feedback in that area. I am willing to tweak the story to make it fit, but I would prefer to rework it entirely if it ends up losing its charm to me.

IC application:

A letter lies on a bed in a dusty room. The air is stale and it does not appear as if anyone has lived here for quite some time. The windows are covered by drapes, only letting in faint light and robbing the room of almost to all color. The letter itself reads as follows:

To Renualt Lynin:

It is with heavy heart I must inform you that your daughter, Velea Lynin, is currently missing in action, presumed dead. I know that there is little I can say or do to lessen the pain these news must bring. All I can do is swear that her sacrifice, like so many other brave souls', will not have been in vain. This is a war against tyranny, against slavery, against betrayal and evil itself, and it is a war I know Velea believed in.

We will do our uttermost to recover her body.
May the light be with you.

Signed
Captain Johannes Sielwing of the Argent Crusade

Far north in the cold white wasteland; a figure wanders aimlessly. It is without purpose or goal she walks, dragging with her the detorienting shackles of her mind.

OOC:

The concept is an alliance mage who was killed in the middle of the war against the Lich King, and animated as a scourge magician (i.e some time ago during WotLK). When Arthas eventually fell she gained some kind of freedom, and began to walk aimlessly away from the fortress of her former master. I'm thinking of her as still in the state of a zombie... but nearing the stage where she could regain conciousness.

I would like to keep the idea of a former alliance member as much as it would be possible, as I think it adds some interesting moral conflicts for the character to deal with. I know it would be possible for her to have been reanimated in Cata by the vrykul, but with the personality I have in mind that would end up with her resenting the forsaken too much.

So, whatcha think?

PS: I am not sure how this forum works, but I registered as "Velea" but the system won't let me post as such "username already in use", and I can't use that login "incorrect or inactive username" *Boggles*
Back to top Go down
Rasonal
Darkcaller
Rasonal

VeleaLynin Empty
PostSubject: Re: VeleaLynin   VeleaLynin Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 10:37 am

Well then, I like the concept alot, it's something special we have not seen yet, and it does not break the lore so much so. I think we can work with it and create something very interesting as well, so, it's certainly a pass by me!
When and if another officer contacts me, feel free to contact any of our officer crew: Antistia, Thenkar, Mervyn, Darjee or Rasonal for IC interview (which will be special at your case, I guess!).
Back to top Go down
Thenkar

Thenkar

VeleaLynin Empty
PostSubject: Re: VeleaLynin   VeleaLynin Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 11:46 am

Your concept intrigues me and I don't think it'll cause any problems in RP!

Freed at LK's death looks sound enough. I'm more interested in that how is she going to show the 'Allianceness' in RP? Does she wish to recontact her family or does she stell feel a sense of loyalty for Stormwind etc? Or does it show on the mannerisms, customs; maybe even delusioning she's still in the Alliance?
I like speculating on these kinds of questions so allow me to speculate...
Perhaps the Forsaken saved her (helped to regain consciousness etc etc) and that's why she feels being in debt to her new 'family'. Another reason could be that she's loyal to Alliance and thinks of herself an abomination - becoming a kind of Deathseeker that only looks for the skilled fighter to end her cursed existence.
This all's, of course, relevant after she's regained some of the sentience.

Again, this is just me speculating and making guesses, feel free to use some of the ideas of just flatly say I'm completely wrong. Smile
See ya in game.
Back to top Go down
VeleaLyn

VeleaLynin Empty
PostSubject: Re: VeleaLynin   VeleaLynin Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 1:55 pm

Hey again. I'm still having trouble understanding the forum (couldn't find the "edit" or "quote" buttons for example). Also I forgot to mention that the character is my 80 mage whom I will faction change.

As for the interview itself; I am not playing on the character or on the servet at all atm, so for me it would be best to simply agree on a time and day. The idea I had was that she would be stumbled opon by one of you (possibly while looking for some alchemical reagents perhaps?) Dragonblight looks rather nice to as for a "stage" Razz

I'll keen an eye on the thread
Back to top Go down
Thenkar

Thenkar

VeleaLynin Empty
PostSubject: Re: VeleaLynin   VeleaLynin Icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2011 7:15 pm

Activated your forum account, so you should be able to find the buttons.

I think we can agree on that. I'm mostly around on weekdays, tho the other officers are probably around on weekends too.
Back to top Go down
Velea

VeleaLynin Empty
PostSubject: Re: VeleaLynin   VeleaLynin Icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 2:11 pm

Alrighty. I couldn't help myself so I grabbed Tchort yesterday and with the help of him & co, she managed to get from Northrend to Undercity. We'll see how this plays out!
Back to top Go down
Tiriyon

Tiriyon

VeleaLynin Empty
PostSubject: Re: VeleaLynin   VeleaLynin Icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 3:06 pm

Oy good luck!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

VeleaLynin Empty
PostSubject: Re: VeleaLynin   VeleaLynin Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

VeleaLynin