The Cult of Shadow
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A World of Warcraft Forsaken only Roleplaying Guild. Defias Brotherhood EU.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Esskel

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Esskel..

Esskel Empty
PostSubject: Esskel   Esskel Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 4:45 pm

OOC information
Character name: Esskel (2)
Class: Warrior/Rogue (undecided)

Why do you want to join the Cult?: After a long year of playing on a PvE realm I grew tired of killing meaningless mobs over and over. As I reached level 80 and joined a raid guild I enjoyed progressing and getting new gear, I still do, but killing the same bosses every week is just not fun anymore. I wanted to join a RPPVP realm to feel a new breeze of fresh air while also having the freedom to defy those that stand on my way. I...Esskel wants to join the Cult so he can find out why is he an undead and the Cult might just help him find his ways.
How did you come to learn about the Cult: I was browsing the RP forums and I read a thread about an event: ''You are Forsaken but free''. I talked to the OP, Vectoria in-game, and I told her my story. She told me that I should contact the Cult, a forsaken-only guild.
Anything else you'd like us to know?
I never roleplayed before and I took almost two hours to write my story. Lore that I took from wowwiki.com is on italic.
Esskel only has memorys of his family's terrible faith over ten thousand years ago. His mission will be to find out why is he a Forsaken, what happened to him after his mother was brutally murdered and before he woke up on a masoleum without a stable jaw. My character's personal traits and objectives will be developed as he faces new challenges and adventures. I hope that you like my story.

IC application:

Hey you? Yes you. I need your attention.
Please take some minutes of your time, evil cult, and listen to my tale.
My father was a great man, even if I don't recall his name, I know he fought alongside his night elf friends on the Dragon Riders of Loreth'Aran, an order of night elves who lived ten thousands years ago in the city of Loreth'Aran.
They were blessed by Ysera herself, who granted them the privilege of riding on the backs of her brood.
For centuries, the Dragon Riders of Loreth'Aran would fly into battle upon the mighty green dragons.
However, during the War of the Ancients, the Dragon Riders attracted Deathwing's ire.
The great black wyrm sent members of his flight to slaughter the Dragon Riders in their sleep.
Though many black dragons were killed in the ensuing battle, the Dragon Riders of Loreth'Aran were slain to the last man.
Now, all that remains of the once mighty civilization are dragon bones, ancient ruins, and tortured spirits.

That's a big part of the story, but I know more. My father spent his free time with a human, something not best recommended for someone of his position.
But he didn't fear any judgement from his partners or anyone else. They kept their relationship a secret, but it became harder when I was born:
the son of a night elf and a human, I was an half-elf. My parents tried to hide what I really was but the night elves became more and more suspicious,
so my old man ended up leaving with me only my poor, human mother and everything that he taught me about being a dragon rider, loyalty, promisse
of a better world, and my name, Esskel. I only torment myself that I never had the courage to ask him what does my name mean.
Little do I know about my mother, besides the fact that she used to be a guard of the Lordaeron. I never got to see such place.
I also.. have a very traumatizing memory of her..departure. She hid me in the closet together with some of her old clothes that she never used,
as someone knocked to our door nothing but three times and yelled at her to open up. All I heard was a scream of agony and all I saw was a big pool of blood.
I can't remember anything else and I have never been a great writter. All I know is that now I am here: stuck in this god damn forsaken place.
I have no clue what am I, where am I and who am I anymore. However, after asking for help around this place called..Deafknill? Deatillk?
Oh, well, don't be misguided by my story, I was never too good with names. Anywho, after talking to some really pale..creature, your name came up: The Cult of Shadow.
..It told me that maybe you could help me find my way out..or way in around this place.
If being an undead is my now my destiny, then I will have to accept it. If following the shadow is now my destiny, then I will accept it. And if you're the only ones that can help me find my way in the dark, then so be it.
Now that I have wasted many of your time and just came to the final point, maybe you could clarify me and tell me if this is true or not: Can you help me?
Back to top Go down
Ahkman

Ahkman

Esskel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Esskel   Esskel Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 1:34 am

I really like this application! Good job!
Lets hope someone higher up see's it soon ^^
Back to top Go down
Thenkar

Thenkar

Esskel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Esskel   Esskel Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 1:38 am

Read your application and I like it, but before I give my pass, there are a couple of things I'd like to be certain of.

Firstly, night elves and humans have been separated for a long time. I think they met in the Third War, so lorewise about ten or so years ago. It was a bit unclear to me, was your character half blood/high elf and human or half night elf and human?
Blood/High elf would be more plausible in my opinion, because the race has been in contact with humans for a lot longer than night elves. Also, I'm not 100% sure about the high elf lifespan, after they left Night elves and their immortality... Might've been a few hundred years, someone correct me, if I'm wrong. I think it'd fit in better, if the dragon rider in question was more like an ancestor than a father. Of course, if you have a good justification, do tell me.

So, that's my only concern, lore can be a fickle mistress. Once you've clarified that, I'd say you got a good application and my pass as well. I hope you find RP in your liking.

Also, a couple of pointers that you might find useful:
Don't be afraid to ask, RPers are generally nice and helpful. Take part in events, if you're unsure you can just watch in the beginning and start taking part little by little. If you hunger for RP or help, ask in chat. If there are people dozing around, someone will surely help.

So, that's my opinion. I'll keep my eyes open for your reply!
Back to top Go down
Esskel..

Esskel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Esskel   Esskel Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 2:14 am

Quote :
Read your application and I like it, but before I give my pass, there are a couple of things I'd like to be certain of.

Firstly, night elves and humans have been separated for a long time. I think they met in the Third War, so lorewise about ten or so years ago. It was a bit unclear to me, was your character half blood/high elf and human or half night elf and human?
Blood/High elf would be more plausible in my opinion, because the race has been in contact with humans for a lot longer than night elves. Also, I'm not 100% sure about the high elf lifespan, after they left Night elves and their immortality... Might've been a few hundred years, someone correct me, if I'm wrong. I think it'd fit in better, if the dragon rider in question was more like an ancestor than a father. Of course, if you have a good justification, do tell me.

So, that's my only concern, lore can be a fickle mistress. Once you've clarified that, I'd say you got a good application and my pass as well. I hope you find RP in your liking.

Also, a couple of pointers that you might find useful:
Don't be afraid to ask, RPers are generally nice and helpful. Take part in events, if you're unsure you can just watch in the beginning and start taking part little by little. If you hunger for RP or help, ask in chat. If there are people dozing around, someone will surely help.

So, that's my opinion. I'll keep my eyes open for your reply!

Hmm, I tried to read some lore around but I wasn't aware of that. My char was half-night elf and half-human. I will check my story tomorrow and try to fix what I can, lore-wise.
Back to top Go down
Esskel!

Esskel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Esskel   Esskel Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 2:33 pm

IC application:

Hey you? Yes you. I need your attention.
Please take some minutes of your time, evil cult, and listen to my tale.
My father was a great man. Even if I don't recall his name, I remember what he told me about one of my oldest ancestor: he fought alongside with his night elf friends on the Dragon Riders of Loreth'Aran, an order of night elves who lived ten thousands years ago in the city of Loreth'Aran.
They were blessed by Ysera herself, who granted them the privilege of riding on the backs of her brood.
For centuries, the Dragon Riders of Loreth'Aran would fly into battle upon the mighty green dragons.
However, during the War of the Ancients, the Dragon Riders attracted Deathwing's ire.
The great black wyrm sent members of his flight to slaughter the Dragon Riders in their sleep.
Though many black dragons were killed in the ensuing battle, the Dragon Riders of Loreth'Aran were slain to the last man.
Now, all that remains of the once mighty civilization are dragon bones, ancient ruins, and tortured spirits.

On plain Third War, my father, a brave night elf that spent his free time away from the war with a female human, something not best recommended for someone of his race. [?]
But he didn't fear any judgement from his partners or anyone else. They kept their relationship a secret, but it became harder when I was born: the son of a night elf and a human, I was an half-elf. My parents tried to hide what I really was but the night elves became more and more suspicious, so my old man ended up leaving with me only my poor, human mother and everything that he taught me about loyalty, promisse
of a better world, the bravery of the dragon riders that was passed generation by generation, and my name, Esskel. I only torment myself that I never had the courage to ask him what does my name mean.
Little do I know about my mother, besides the fact that she used to be a guard of Lordaeron. She told me that her beloved city was being invaded by the pesky Scourge. I never got to see such place.
I also.. have a very traumatizing memory of her..departure. She hid me in the closet together with some of her old clothes that she never used, as someone knocked to our door nothing but three times and yelled at her to open up. All I heard was a scream of agony and all I saw was a big pool of blood.
I can't remember anything else and I have never been a great writter. All I know is that now I am here: stuck in this god damn forsaken place.
I have no clue what am I, where am I and who am I anymore. I don't know where have I been these last..10 years? However, after asking for help around this place called..Deafknill? Deatillk?
Oh, well, don't be misguided by my story, I was never too good with names. Anywho, after talking to some really pale..creature, your name came up: The Cult of Shadow.
..It told me that maybe you could help me find my way out..or way in around this place.
If being an undead is my now my destiny, then I will have to accept it. If following the shadow is now my destiny, then I will accept it. And if you're the only ones that can help me find my way in the dark, then so be it.
Now that I have wasted many of your time and just came to the final point, maybe you could clarify me and tell me if this is true or not: Can you help me?
Back to top Go down
Thenkar

Thenkar

Esskel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Esskel   Esskel Icon_minitimeFri Jul 30, 2010 11:19 am

Sorry for the lateish answer!

From the lore point of view, you managed to improve your application quite a lot. For that I'm content. However as I chatted with the other officers, they seemed to think that even, if your half-night elf character is theoretically possible, the cases would be too rare and very young. We all need to agree to passing your application, so I suggest you rethink that part of your background. Alternatively you can do some RP on your own to test the waters. I think that the community would advice the same.

If you were a seasoned roleplayer, we might -just might- be able to make an exception, but seeing you're just beginning, I advice to make something simpler for starters.
If you still want to be half elf, blood/high elves are still an excellent choice. Dragon riding could still plausibly be in your characters ancestry and if you want to make it seen in your play, your character's father could have been a Dragonhawk rider (those birds tamed and rid by blood elves). High/Blood elves and humans have had a lot more interaction and many elves fell to the Plague too.

Of course, this is just my suggestion. You can do whatever you want with your character, I merely wish to help your work process.
So, think about this. If you still want to join us, rethink that fact and post how you'd change it to fit the lore better (no need to post the whole story again, just the new parts).

If you do that, I'd welcome you gladly into the Cult for certain.
Back to top Go down
Esskel..

Esskel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Esskel   Esskel Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 2:18 pm

I just finished doing the Blood Elf campaign on WCIII, and perhaps killing some dreadlords with Sylvanas might give me some inspiration.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Esskel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Esskel   Esskel Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Esskel
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Cult of Shadow :: From the Shadows we are born :: Character Applications-
Jump to: